Hi, I have been offered a new job as a train driver pending a medical and references. I’m a bit concerned about getting a negative reference from RM as I’ve had a couple of longish absences so was wondering if anyone knows what info RM give in a reference?
I’d be pretty devastated for the new job to fall through at this stage so hoping they don’t include attendance in any refs.
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Royal Mail reference
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail reference
no, they just give the dates you worked for them!!!
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Royal Mail reference
All they give you is the start date and finish date, your rank on starting, on leaving and it you left in good terms. That's it they can find you. They lost a lot of files on former staff. I had a break in service of just 9 months and they had to get the information that I had worked for them the previous 10 years from my national insurance records, even though I was going back to the exact same job with the exact same gaffers who wanted me back. Hope you get it mate as a train driver starts on about £48000 per year 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Royal Mail reference
Depends where and what job for £48,000 a year but looking a min £25,000 but shifts and travel will eat into your time any way good luck with the job and all the best. 
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Royal Mail reference
Affect of the Data Protection Act perhaps?Navalron wrote:All they give you is the start date and finish date, your rank on starting, on leaving and it you left in good terms. That's it they can find you. They lost a lot of files on former staff. I had a break in service of just 9 months and they had to get the information that I had worked for them the previous 10 years from my national insurance records, even though I was going back to the exact same job with the exact same gaffers who wanted me back.