ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Don't know if anyone has seen or heard it in the news but during that, the police were searching lorries, including a Royal Mail double-stacker.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-searc ... t-11603101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Second photo in that article. I expect that it came from a Twitter or Facebook post, if anyone knows where, can you report the thread asking for a link to the relevant social media post to be added.

I didn't know that the police were allowed to search Royal Mail lorries and the H&S fallout might be interesting as I doubt it would be considered safe to be climbing about inside a double stacker trailer
2Shedz
Posts: 50
Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
Gender: Male

Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night

Post by 2Shedz »

As far as I know you can refuse to let them look
I think the option is you wait for my manager to arrive and then he can give you permission to search it
or we drive to the nearest depot then the manager there can give you permission to search it
Smiffy
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night

Post by rubberbond »

Is there an exemption in law preventing Royal Mail vehicles being searched? I doubt that somehow, in this particular scenario , how is a manager going to get there, or the lorty moved to the nearest mail,centre,if the entire motorway is shut.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night

Post by SpacePhoenix »

rubberbond wrote:Is there an exemption in law preventing Royal Mail vehicles being searched? I doubt that somehow, in this particular scenario , how is a manager going to get there, or the lorty moved to the nearest mail,centre,if the entire motorway is shut.
I would have thought that it'd get classed as something like interfering with the mail