Don't know if anyone has seen or heard it in the news but during that, the police were searching lorries, including a Royal Mail double-stacker.
https://news.sky.com/story/police-searc ... t-11603101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Second photo in that article. I expect that it came from a Twitter or Facebook post, if anyone knows where, can you report the thread asking for a link to the relevant social media post to be added.
I didn't know that the police were allowed to search Royal Mail lorries and the H&S fallout might be interesting as I doubt it would be considered safe to be climbing about inside a double stacker trailer
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
-
2Shedz
- Posts: 50
- Joined: 28 Dec 2017, 08:45
- Gender: Male
Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night
As far as I know you can refuse to let them look
I think the option is you wait for my manager to arrive and then he can give you permission to search it
or we drive to the nearest depot then the manager there can give you permission to search it
Smiffy
I think the option is you wait for my manager to arrive and then he can give you permission to search it
or we drive to the nearest depot then the manager there can give you permission to search it
Smiffy
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night
Is there an exemption in law preventing Royal Mail vehicles being searched? I doubt that somehow, in this particular scenario , how is a manager going to get there, or the lorty moved to the nearest mail,centre,if the entire motorway is shut.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Incident On The M6 Motorway Last Night
I would have thought that it'd get classed as something like interfering with the mailrubberbond wrote:Is there an exemption in law preventing Royal Mail vehicles being searched? I doubt that somehow, in this particular scenario , how is a manager going to get there, or the lorty moved to the nearest mail,centre,if the entire motorway is shut.