ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivery on a round where you live
-
qw
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 04 Oct 2012, 21:18
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Delivery on a round where you live
Well if that's true our office is breaking the rule! Couple of pasties I know of stop off at home to have a bacon butty at home!
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Delivery on a round where you live
Well maybe calling the pasties was a bit harshCharliecat wrote:Well if that's true our office is breaking the rule! Couple of pasties I know of stop off at home to have a bacon butty at home!
-
Charliecat
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
- Gender: Female
Delivery on a round where you live
Them ! Bloody typos 
-
Pancake123
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
- Gender: Female
Delivery on a round where you live
I am a reserve and I delivered 2 maybe 3 times to the place where I live ( and I had a break at my own home
as well ) I know some posties do this regularly.
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Never heard that one before! We have posties delivering where they live. I've done it myself.qw wrote:Hi heard a long time ago (don’t know if this this a myth or a just a very old outdated rule) that you aren’t allowed to deliver where you live. Has anyone heard about this?
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Have heard of it and it did happen in our office when I first started 30+ yrs ago , but like alot of things it slipped out of use. Same as you couldn't do driving O/T after a night shift.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
nah...few of our lads always pick there own walk ie were they live.......I always swerve mine on a repick
-
danterossetti
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 19 May 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Delivered to my own house loads of times.
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
Delivery on a round where you live
Yep, I'm a reserve and get my street quite often. Park the HCT outside my living room in my full view locked up, and take my half hour with a nice cuppa and sandwich. I even do this when I'm on other rounds that skirt my street. Happy Day's! 
-
Jack1960
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 333
- Joined: 05 Jan 2016, 17:39
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
I deliver to my house, gave myself a tenner at Christmas
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.
-
singingpostman
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 14:22
Delivery on a round where you live
I certainly delivered my own house for 3 years, helped with deliver to a neighbour more than once as well !
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Jack1960 wrote:I deliver to my house, gave myself a tenner at Christmas
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Delivery on a round where you live
Unacceptable. If she denies receipt you could be sacked. It isn’t worth the risk. Remember, she is not your wife when in uniform, the sender is everything, notworththeriskworktotimeworktorulePDAactualsnoemotions.postietom wrote:As others have said, this is rubbish. Loads of our posties do and I have done my own house previously. It's great for a toilet stop or taking your meal relief in comfort! The only time I've ever signed for a customers parcel was my wives as I opened my own door and put it inside.