ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer Application Process

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by Sledge4211 »

Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else before. But how long does it take if I've applied through SuccessFactors (the RM own internally careers website) to hear back from HR? I applied a few days ago as I would like a transfer closer to home. Still saids "Application Received"
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Transfer Application Process

Post by arnold cheshire »

How do you log in to success factors?
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by Sledge4211 »

Login via this link https://performancemanager.successfacto ... rt/#/login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User name is your payroll number
Password is your NI number
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Transfer Application Process

Post by arnold cheshire »

It didn't work
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by Sledge4211 »

last 2 letters of your NI number has to be lower case - try that
Daveyj15
Posts: 30
Joined: 14 May 2018, 19:24
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by Daveyj15 »

Sledge4211 wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else before. But how long does it take if I've applied through SuccessFactors (the RM own internally careers website) to hear back from HR? I applied a few days ago as I would like a transfer closer to home. Still saids "Application Received"
Do you mean you applied for a specific vacancy at a different office ?
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by Sledge4211 »

Daveyj15 wrote:
Sledge4211 wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else before. But how long does it take if I've applied through SuccessFactors (the RM own internally careers website) to hear back from HR? I applied a few days ago as I would like a transfer closer to home. Still saids "Application Received"
Do you mean you applied for a specific vacancy at a different office ?
Yes. How long usually until I hear back for an answer? Do they call or email?
Daveyj15
Posts: 30
Joined: 14 May 2018, 19:24
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by Daveyj15 »

Sledge4211 wrote:
Daveyj15 wrote:
Sledge4211 wrote:Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else before. But how long does it take if I've applied through SuccessFactors (the RM own internally careers website) to hear back from HR? I applied a few days ago as I would like a transfer closer to home. Still saids "Application Received"
Do you mean you applied for a specific vacancy at a different office ?
Yes. How long usually until I hear back for an answer? Do they call or email?
Well it will just be a normal vacancy so will depend on the DOM at the office you are moving to, and maybe HR.
I’m looking to do similar and spoke to the DOM at the office I want to move to. He indicated they would always prefer an internal applicant to an external one. If they have more internal applicants than jobs then it would be done by seniority. I imagine if succesful then your DOM will need to agree your release timeframe so could be worth speaking to them if you haven’t already. Good luck.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by leolion855 »

normally 2 weeks for HR to reply, if successful you have to be n your new office within 28days, however even though im in my new office im still waiting for area manager to acknowledge this and update my placement code so i can be paid my ot.
jon_gardner85
Posts: 13
Joined: 12 May 2016, 12:14
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by jon_gardner85 »

Sledge4211 wrote:last 2 letters of your NI number has to be lower case - try that
Didn't work for me either
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by abuch1980 »

28 days.. If all parties are on the ball!
ThatsNotPlumb
Posts: 165
Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by ThatsNotPlumb »

jon_gardner85 wrote:
Sledge4211 wrote:last 2 letters of your NI number has to be lower case - try that
Didn't work for me either
Hasn't worked for me either
Sledge4211
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by Sledge4211 »

leolion855 wrote:normally 2 weeks for HR to reply, if successful you have to be n your new office within 28days, however even though im in my new office im still waiting for area manager to acknowledge this and update my placement code so i can be paid my ot.
Damn that must be annoying for the overtime ! Didn’t realise it had that complication with it. I would of thought HR deals with everything including the OT transfer over to new DO
delfranklin1969
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by delfranklin1969 »

When I transferred via Success Factors in 2017, HR replied almost immediately saying the job is yours if you want it. Then the tricky bit starts, your DOM has to talk to your new office DOM and they agree a date for the transfer, took me a few months as I was moving to Manchester from East Anglia. I transferred between two local office before, a straight swap and even that took a couple of months!
fiveoclockhero
Posts: 88
Joined: 07 Oct 2012, 11:59
Gender: Male

Transfer Application Process

Post by fiveoclockhero »

Do you really have to attach your CV and answer all those questions about driving licence categories etc? Surely all the required info is already on file?