ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Here we go again

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by robbertwhitton »

Any thoughts on what’s in store for us in 2019?my van went into workshops as are many now as we are doing our van checks to the letter after failing our audit,so now we take them out of service for every fault,thecspare was a disgrace,58 plate Vauxhall somewhat pink in colour,royal mail logo missing on one side,an embarrassment to say the least,so just summed it up how broke this outfit is being run on a wing and a prayer and I dare say more to come,a boss we hardly ever see,full of lapsing and loaning ideas,and continues to beat the spirit out of an efficient office that runs itself,unable to deal with issues that arise from staff ,some staff happily taking unpaid leave to be away from it,not sure I want to be doing battle with them all the time again in 2019,and you just wonder what’s coming next,I’m 57 and in my 37th year and seen all sorts of changes in my office,it does seem doom and gloom is rife,but at the same time every office being run differently,and some cases all is well,is there any optimism about to discuss?
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by 97gaz »

N
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by Celgar »

I would say wait and see what the figures are for business at Xmas time. Supposedly the parcels were twenty percent up around Black Friday but its hard for us determine when we all we can remember was the disastrous snowy Xmas the previous year. If the results are good the pressure on posties may fall. If not then I don't know what to say.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Here we go again

Post by Brandy »

Celgar wrote:I would say wait and see what the figures are for business at Xmas time. Supposedly the parcels were twenty percent up around Black Friday but its hard for us determine when we all we can remember was the disastrous snowy Xmas the previous year. If the results are good the pressure on posties may fall. If not then I don't know what to say.
I am sorry to say but I just cant see the pressure ever falling off the hard working postie,even if the results are good. Greed feeds more greed.RM should be ashamed. :no no
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by noggin1969 »

Our D
Last edited by noggin1969 on 01 Feb 2024, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Here we go again

Post by Brandy »

Honestly how much more is a postie supposed to be able to do,soon even the runners will find it impossible to do the workload! Just greed sheer greed! :crazy: :shock:
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Here we go again

Post by Navalron »

This is the TRUE COST of privatization coming home to roost. It soon will be in about another 7/8 years once all the fulltimers have been forced out/binned, a part time, teenage, non UNION job where they operate like yodel. Unfortunately that's the way the big shareholders want it. They don't give a toss about sickpay or shift allowance as that means they get an extra few pennies in their dividend, when RM get for of it, and they will. Sad. :evil/mad
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by osgoody1970 »

can you tell me, if you are lapsing and come back after your time, do you tell the manager??? and if so, what does he say??? because I would be saying, "why am I lapsing, if I am finishing over my time?? and if you want to test me?? bring it on!!!
BAILEY21
Posts: 25
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 17:54
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by BAILEY21 »

Agree with all the comments, I am now in my 37th year,in our office lapsing is rife,managers are even contacting people at night to try & persuade them to lapse the next day,not a chance were busier than ever parcels ridiculous,we're only just finishing on time,absolutely fed up.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by leolion855 »

BAILEY21 wrote:Agree with all the comments, I am now in my 37th year,in our office lapsing is rife,managers are even contacting people at night to try & persuade them to lapse the next day,not a chance were busier than ever parcels ridiculous,we're only just finishing on time,absolutely fed up.

why do you answer your phones/texts outside of working hours??
kashmir58
Posts: 21
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 10:28
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by kashmir58 »

Was super busy today when we mentioned that we wouldn’t be able to do lapsing,we was all told to cut offour own walks and bring it back if we didn’t want to go over....but to make sure lapsing done!!!
What are the rules on lapsing I mean the official agreement not here say
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by miles_peters »

kashmir58 wrote:Was super busy today when we mentioned that we wouldn’t be able to do lapsing,we was all told to cut offour own walks and bring it back if we didn’t want to go over....but to make sure lapsing done!!!
What are the rules on lapsing I mean the official agreement not here say
its a sneaky way off getting people to do the lapsing and their own delivery, because they think by doing it this way the lapsing will get done as well as the delivery because the duty holder wont want to roll over any mail from their own walk, and 9 times out of 10 the duty holder of the walk will do it all.

its sneaky, its underhand, but that's RM for you
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by noggin1969 »

Was super busy today when we mentioned that we wouldn’t be able to do lapsing,we was all told to cut off our own walks and bring it back if we didn’t want to go over....but to make sure lapsing done!!!
What are the rules on lapsing I mean the official agreement not here say
Officially lapsing is to fill spare time ( If you have any ) But it will be used to save hours etc if they can get away with it. But as the managers are paid to manage let them make the decision , you have a start and finish time. What you do during them is up to them what you do either end of them is up to you.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by joewyan »

BAILEY21 wrote:Agree with all the comments, I am now in my 37th year,in our office lapsing is rife,managers are even contacting people at night to try & persuade them to lapse the next day,not a chance were busier than ever parcels ridiculous,we're only just finishing on time,absolutely fed up.
That’s harassment and shouldn’t be done. Put in a grievance against them.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Here we go again

Post by robbertwhitton »

Many thanks for the replies,guys,even better that it’s not in the usual rant and rave format,like some on here like to do,consice and calmly to the point is what I’m after,I do try and keep my head down and just get on,but inevitably something will happen that just leaves you shaking your head in dispair and you have to challenge it and say something,and it becomes somewhat draining on your soul,and work ethic,”leave get another job I hear people on here cry”!!or even better hope to get evr if the boss and business wants to save even more hours in our office,I’m probably my own worst enemy in analysing every issue within this job,from the state of our run down office,the van fleet,the proper and improper way we should be delivering the mail,how every office is run differently,from manager to manager,views on lapsing,loaning ,finishing early and late,watching the rmtv,in wtll,and wondering who are these people on the screen,are they real postmen/postwoman?,we have a head of everything you can imagine management wise,who I haven’t a clue what they do,and there names,content in distancing themselves from the workforce at the sharp end for fear of having to explain a few things,and so I go on,and am very aware it’s not just me.