ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Have to wonder why??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
thehobbit
Posts: 76
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by thehobbit »

out walking my dog today ,on the corner of a drive right by the path , there was a red (refill)pouch filled up with parcels no postie in site , I watched it for a few minutes as I walked up the road to see if any one turned up not a sign of any one :crazy: , just seemed a incredibly stupid thing to do .
any thoughts??
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by hothothot »

Where I live the postie leaves his hct unlocked , with keys still in lock so you can open it also he never uses padlock at all so you can wheel it down the road , he leaves it out of sight for 40 minutes. He's just asking for trouble.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by Trail »

thehobbit wrote:out walking my dog today ,on the corner of a drive right by the path , there was a red (refill)pouch filled up with parcels no postie in site , I watched it for a few minutes as I walked up the road to see if any one turned up not a sign of any one :crazy: , just seemed a incredibly stupid thing to do .
any thoughts??
...and your point is?
Deadly
Posts: 703
Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by Deadly »

I've seen vans left unattended with the engine running too, fools.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Have to wonder why??

Post by fb1969 »

Sounds like one of our "I won't use a trolley" brigade. They insist on carrying two pouches, then dump one somewhere when they realise they can't walk!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Have to wonder why??

Post by maisymoo04 »

I leave my van running in sight and mail on the front sea and on the dash board :whistle :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by greengiant »

Trail wrote:
thehobbit wrote:out walking my dog today ,on the corner of a drive right by the path , there was a red (refill)pouch filled up with parcels no postie in site , I watched it for a few minutes as I walked up the road to see if any one turned up not a sign of any one :crazy: , just seemed a incredibly stupid thing to do .
any thoughts??
...and your point is?
Leaving a pouch bag unattended on a street is a very foolish thing to do. Nothing to stop someone walking by and taking it!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Trail wrote:
thehobbit wrote:out walking my dog today ,on the corner of a drive right by the path , there was a red (refill)pouch filled up with parcels no postie in site , I watched it for a few minutes as I walked up the road to see if any one turned up not a sign of any one :crazy: , just seemed a incredibly stupid thing to do .
any thoughts??
...and your point is?
Either the IB or DOM see them do that or something goes missing then they're gone
thehobbit
Posts: 76
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by thehobbit »

Trail wrote:
thehobbit wrote:out walking my dog today ,on the corner of a drive right by the path , there was a red (refill)pouch filled up with parcels no postie in site , I watched it for a few minutes as I walked up the road to see if any one turned up not a sign of any one :crazy: , just seemed a incredibly stupid thing to do .
any thoughts??
...and your point is?
Stupidly risking there job :roll: :roll:
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

Have to wonder why??

Post by barcajr »

Postmen have been sacked in our office for leaving trolleys unattended