ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Xmas Day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sjnb6
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
Gender: Male

Xmas Day

Post by sjnb6 »

if your day off fell on the 25th Dec. can you Chaim it back. I was under the impression that it was the one day of the year you couldn't
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Xmas Day

Post by miles_peters »

as far as I know you can claim it back, i'll be shocked if you cant
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Xmas Day

Post by Celgar »

Obviously if your day off falls on Xmas day you are entitled to a day in lieu. Pretty standard and I don't foresee it changing anytime soon.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Xmas Day

Post by maisymoo04 »

or get paid like I did :cuppa
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32801
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Xmas Day

Post by POSTMAN »

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
BigRed2277
Posts: 7
Joined: 06 May 2009, 14:39
Gender: Male

Xmas Day

Post by BigRed2277 »

Get paid or get a day back. Choice is yours
Seagull1983
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 109
Joined: 09 Aug 2018, 13:46
Gender: Male

Xmas Day

Post by Seagull1983 »

maisymoo04 wrote:or get paid like I did :cuppa
Have you been paid for that yet ? I haven’t.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Xmas Day

Post by fb1969 »

At our office a sheet goes round for people to say whether they want an extra day of leave, or payment. We tick what we want and sign next to it. It is about the only things that our place seems to do correctly!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.