ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Only received one Xmas bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Samh1206
Posts: 4
Joined: 23 Oct 2018, 15:27
Gender: Male

Only received one Xmas bonus

Post by Samh1206 »

So I started in the week commencing 26th Nov 2018, on a part time basis. I had my induction day on the 27th then worked my contracted hours the rest of that week. On the 21st Dec I received the incentive underpin payment correctly pro rota'd to my hours, but I didn't receive the other payment. I asked my manager if this was correct and he said I didn't join in time. Didn't sound right as I received one, so does anybody know if I should have received both?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Only received one Xmas bonus

Post by yellowbelly »

Samh1206 wrote:So I started in the week commencing 26th Nov 2018, on a part time basis. I had my induction day on the 27th then worked my contracted hours the rest of that week. On the 21st Dec I received the incentive underpin payment correctly pro rota'd to my hours, but I didn't receive the other payment. I asked my manager if this was correct and he said I didn't join in time. Didn't sound right as I received one, so does anybody know if I should have received both?
Look like they might be really sticking to the rules by the letter - by a day!!! - in an old document detailing the qualification for the 2016 award you had to be:
in post on Monday 28th November 2016
which you missed (this time) by a day ie you started on the Tuesday (27th) not the Monday (26th).

For the CWU Underpin payment - from the CWU Underpin Payment document 2015, to be eligible you the eligibility criteria from had to be in post on the payment date and it is based on your contracted hours of the week commencing (in this case) Monday 26th and not whether you were actually in post on Mon 26th - so this is correct.
sean38
Posts: 56
Joined: 23 May 2007, 15:42

Only received one Xmas bonus

Post by sean38 »

Samh1206 wrote:So I started in the week commencing 26th Nov 2018, on a part time basis. I had my induction day on the 27th then worked my contracted hours the rest of that week. On the 21st Dec I received the incentive underpin payment correctly pro rota'd to my hours, but I didn't receive the other payment. I asked my manager if this was correct and he said I didn't join in time. Didn't sound right as I received one, so does anybody know if I should have received both?
If i was you i would keep stum because you shouldn't of received the under pin payment you had to be working for royalmail in 2015 to receive that.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Only received one Xmas bonus

Post by arnold cheshire »

The underpin payment is for our phantom shares which we didn't receive so why are they giving it to new people?
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Only received one Xmas bonus

Post by terry2972 »

arnold cheshire wrote:The underpin payment is for our phantom shares which we didn't receive so why are they giving it to new people?
What difference does it make to you?
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Only received one Xmas bonus

Post by yellowbelly »

arnold cheshire wrote:The underpin payment is for our phantom shares which we didn't receive so why are they giving it to new people?
Arnold - I'm one of those 'new people' and I've trawled back through all the old downloads and posts regarding the underpin payment and
it appears that yes, it was brought in after the failure/collapse of an issue of shares to RM staff but there's nothing in the agreement that says
the underpin payment was only to be given in the future to RM colleagues who were part of that failed employee share issue.

As a 'new person' since 2015 I've had both bonuses each year.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Only received one Xmas bonus

Post by arnold cheshire »

yellowbelly wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:The underpin payment is for our phantom shares which we didn't receive so why are they giving it to new people?
Arnold - I'm one of those 'new people' and I've trawled back through all the old downloads and posts regarding the underpin payment and
it appears that yes, it was brought in after the failure/collapse of an issue of shares to RM staff but there's nothing in the agreement that says
the underpin payment was only to be given in the future to RM colleagues who were part of that failed employee share issue.

As a 'new person' since 2015 I've had both bonuses each year.
Ok yellow thanks for pointing that out