ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Handing in notice

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
2214MN
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 49
Joined: 03 Jun 2016, 16:53
Gender: Male

Handing in notice

Post by 2214MN »

Merry Christmas all!

I’ve got my first child on the way in the new year and have two weeks paternity and two weeks holiday to use up but I’m looking at switching jobs as we’re moving areas.

If I was to hand my notice in what would the best way to do it be so that I still get my holiday and paternity leave?
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Handing in notice

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Hand in your notice letter to DOM on the last shift you do before the second holiday, if you have an older style contract where you only have to give one week's notice.
swindonandy
Posts: 126
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 16:26
Gender: Male

Handing in notice

Post by swindonandy »

If you're not working for RM at the time of birth you'll not get paternity from RM.

You say you have 2 weeks holiday - don't forget that April-April is your holiday year so 1/4 of your full years holiday is currently not owed, if you leave and have taken the full years amount they'll claw back money from final payslip(s)