ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
LungiBhai
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Nov 2018, 12:53
Gender: Male

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by LungiBhai »

I had my last week this week at the royal mail and my payslip came through (complete with christmas bonus) and then later that day it went straight back out again! has a reference of "C F U ADV" on my statement. does anyone know what this is or what the reason is?
DGH
Posts: 710
Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
Gender: Male
Location: Neither here nor there

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by DGH »

I noticed this too today but haven't as yet had time to chase it up.

Payroll fuckup due to rushing off early for Christmas, perhaps?

It'll get resolved, but a poor show nonetheless.
LungiBhai
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Nov 2018, 12:53
Gender: Male

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by LungiBhai »

ahh sorry to hear that man, thought the DOM just had it in for me! I guess I'll have to chase it up with the pay department in sheffield.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by rubberbond »

When you state it's your last week, can you clarify, do you mean you have handed in your resignation and are not working here anymore? If that's the case then you're nit entitled to the pay , as far as I understand it
LungiBhai
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Nov 2018, 12:53
Gender: Male

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by LungiBhai »

Yeah that's right, I have resigned. Can you explain this please?
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by Murdoch »

LungiBhai wrote:Yeah that's right, I have resigned. Can you explain this please?
Unlike most other places, Royal Mail pay you for the week in advance, and only overtime is paid in arrears.

So if you were paid on friday the 21st, but didn't work the week commencing the 17th of December, then unfortunetaly you weren't due that payment.
LungiBhai
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Nov 2018, 12:53
Gender: Male

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by LungiBhai »

Oh yeah I am aware if this, I did however work the week commencing 17th december
Murdoch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 572
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
Gender: Male

wage came into my account then straight back out!

Post by Murdoch »

LungiBhai wrote:Oh yeah I am aware if this, I did however work the week commencing 17th december
Then it sounds like they've messed up.