ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Post by FirstPost »

Can I go back to my 9am starts on Monday?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Ours starts Monday. Christmas pressure is now over, allegedly.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Post by redneck »

You can insist on starting at your correct time at any time of the year, there is no compulsory overtime. If you've agreed to work full time hours temporarily then I would let them know that you wish to return to part time aas soon as possible, and then get a date from them when you can.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Post by FirstPost »

I've done the 4 weeks, but wondered if there was an official date for when it finishes?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Post by aiden01 »

FirstPost wrote:I've done the 4 weeks, but wondered if there was an official date for when it finishes?
Well if you agreed 4 weeks only then just go back to your normal hours :thumbup
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Post by FirstPost »

aiden01 wrote:
FirstPost wrote:I've done the 4 weeks, but wondered if there was an official date for when it finishes?
Well if you agreed 4 weeks only then just go back to your normal hours :thumbup
I agreed to the FT Christmas hours, but I'm not going in early on Monday if I'm not paid to do so..
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

When can I return to PT hours from Christmas FT?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

FirstPost wrote:Can I go back to my 9am starts on Monday?
Probably but you MUST check with the manager first, the duty sheet for the week should have said.

However Monday is hopefully going to be quiet unless there is a bag log at MCs, and Saturday would have given local DOs a clue.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.