ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
-
Leggyround
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2017, 15:16
- Gender: Male
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
So I left rm, came back just under a year later, union then told me you will keep your seniority leave it with me, he got back to me and said no sorry you dont, I felt he didn't ask so went above him, sorry nothing we can do for you...so I then phoned HR just to ask about it, they didn't know but would find out...few weeks later I get a phone call from HR saying any break in service you lose your seniority...so I'm now happy with the answer I carry on with my life....12 months on I move back to my original office only to find out someone left for 3 months and he is telling everyone he kept his seniority, so I had a chat with the manager told him what HR had told me, he requested a seniority list and matey boy had lost his and was rock bottom...now another 12 months on we have new management and again he is telling me that as he left and returned under 3 months the new management said he keeps his seniority.....sorry for the long post.....but what the f do I do now ? Who do I contact ? What do I say to management ?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
There are certain circumstances where a person may keep their seniority despite a break in service.
These would be for personal reasons and down to local discretion.
These would be for personal reasons and down to local discretion.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
Enjoy Christmas.but what the f do I do now ? Who do I contact ? What do I say to management ?
The Wizard of Oz must be on somewhere.
Some time in the future talk to your rep, any decent rep has an up to date seniority list with any local amendments.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Leggyround
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2017, 15:16
- Gender: Male
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
He went to be a ski instructor.... Do you know if the there is a time scale then ?clashcityrocker wrote:There are certain circumstances where a person may keep their seniority despite a break in service.
These would be for personal reasons and down to local discretion.
It's hard to see where management ends and he begins so guess that has something to do with it..
-
Leggyround
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2017, 15:16
- Gender: Male
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
And will it state the reasons for the amendments ???Woody Guthrie wrote:Enjoy Christmas.but what the f do I do now ? Who do I contact ? What do I say to management ?
The Wizard of Oz must be on somewhere.
Some time in the future talk to your rep, any decent rep has an up to date seniority list with any local amendments.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
Leggyround wrote:He went to be a ski instructor....clashcityrocker wrote:There are certain circumstances where a person may keep their seniority despite a break in service.
These would be for personal reasons and down to local discretion.
This may have been a Career Break which he applied for, in that case, his seniority could have been frozen during that, and then restarted on his return. (ie 20 years service with a 3-month career break would mean 19 years 9 months seniority).someone left for 3 months and he is telling everyone he kept his seniority
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
Don't forget that although you may have lost your seniority with regards most things - signing for duties etc, You do actually carry on your holiday entitlement with regard to previous service.
-
Leggyround
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2017, 15:16
- Gender: Male
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
It wasn't a career break he just simply left and came back as things didn't work out....this was all about 4 years ago..the previous management didn't give it back to him, they showed me a seniority list a few years ago , he didn't keep it, now the new management team have given it back...4 years later..TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Leggyround wrote:He went to be a ski instructor....clashcityrocker wrote:There are certain circumstances where a person may keep their seniority despite a break in service.
These would be for personal reasons and down to local discretion.This may have been a Career Break which he applied for, in that case, his seniority could have been frozen during that, and then restarted on his return. (ie 20 years service with a 3-month career break would mean 19 years 9 months seniority).someone left for 3 months and he is telling everyone he kept his seniority
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Keeping your seniority after leaving the company and returning
Then you may have a case of being treated differently at the Union should help.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.