ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by FirstPost »

I thought they might squirm their way out of paying me it with some kind of loop hole, but I have 2 payments! Does this look correct?
Christmas Supplement £92.11
Incentive Underpin Payment £92.11
hans solo
Posts: 3289
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by hans solo »

couldnt tell you payslips late again 3 weeks in a row
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by glenfiddich »

Yeah no payslip here as well :thumbdown
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Looks good if you are on the new FT of 35 hours.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by fb1969 »

Yes, two lots of £92.11 is the amount I got on a temporary full time 35 hour contract.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
SW Postie
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 12:16
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by SW Postie »

I’ve been made up to 35 hours over Xmas from 23.5 hours. I received the following today:

Christmas Supplement £92.11 (100 divided by 38 multiplied by 35)
Incentive Underpin Payment £61.84 (100 divided by 38 multiplied by 23.5)

Am I right in thinking I will get the rest of the underpin payment in January?
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by JKSmudge »

I am on 30 hr contract but went temp full-time for xmas period (38 hours ) - not paid full bonus ( 2x 78.95 )

Questioned it and was told they owe me only about £10 extra as the bonus for part-timers doing the extra cover is only based on 35 hours full-time :crazy:
rogersh
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1374
Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by rogersh »

200.00 divided 38 = 5.2631 x 35 = 184.22 divided by 2 = 92.11

I believe as you have worked 38 hours Xmas pressure you will receive the top up of 15.78 in January (18th ?)
JKSmudge
Posts: 395
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by JKSmudge »

rogersh wrote:200.00 divided 38 = 5.2631 x 35 = 184.22 divided by 2 = 92.11

I believe as you have worked 38 hours Xmas pressure you will receive the top up of 15.78 in January (21st ?)
I was told by the manager who looks after the O/T & Holidays etc system, that because my name was not on the list of people to have temp change to contract that I would not get extra bonus. ( I have had to sign for prep every day ).

Union guy said the total payments should be £170 so they owe me about 1 hours OT

With hindsight I should have just said I would start at 8.30 tomorrow and cut-off.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by Biker Mouse »

SW Postie wrote:I’ve been made up to 35 hours over Xmas from 23.5 hours. I received the following today:

Christmas Supplement £92.11 (100 divided by 38 multiplied by 35)
Incentive Underpin Payment £61.84 (100 divided by 38 multiplied by 23.5)

Am I right in thinking I will get the rest of the underpin payment in January?
No, because the underpin payment is based on your contracted hours ie 23.5 hrs and not on your actual worked hours as is the Xmas supplement.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Two payments of 100 notes, on top of the 61 hours worked last week makes for a nice wage slip. Been a killer though, I just want it over with now.
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by bensonhedge »

postietom wrote:Two payments of 100 notes, on top of the 61 hours worked last week makes for a nice wage slip. Been a killer though, I just want it over with now.
People in our DO full time with 60 hrs overtime last week
SW Postie
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 12:16
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by SW Postie »

Biker Mouse wrote:
SW Postie wrote:I’ve been made up to 35 hours over Xmas from 23.5 hours. I received the following today:

Christmas Supplement £92.11 (100 divided by 38 multiplied by 35)
Incentive Underpin Payment £61.84 (100 divided by 38 multiplied by 23.5)

Am I right in thinking I will get the rest of the underpin payment in January?
No, because the underpin payment is based on your contracted hours ie 23.5 hrs and not on your actual worked hours as is the Xmas supplement.
So both of them are based on my contracted hours?
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by ted_e_bear »

bensonhedge wrote:
postietom wrote:Two payments of 100 notes, on top of the 61 hours worked last week makes for a nice wage slip. Been a killer though, I just want it over with now.
People in our DO full time with 60 hrs overtime last week
What so they actually did 10hrs extra or so per day ?
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

I received my Christmas Bonus! Did you?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

bensonhedge wrote:
postietom wrote:Two payments of 100 notes, on top of the 61 hours worked last week makes for a nice wage slip. Been a killer though, I just want it over with now.
People in our DO full time with 60 hrs overtime last week
I don't know how you people do it physically/ mentally. Fair play to you. I've had my fingers burnt too many times for me to do overtime.