ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
So I like a girl...
-
WDPostman
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 17:03
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
There's a girl on my walk who I like a lot. We chat each time I deliver a parcel and she's really funny and we get on well. But how long should I wait before asking her out? Its going to be really uncomfortable if she says no and I still have to see her. Any advice? Any one else asked out a customer?
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
So I like a girl...
Only one?Woody Guthrie wrote:I married one.
In answer to the original question - life is too short to spend pondering if, when etc.
Just ask her and if she says no, then move on.
If she says yes I will be your best man.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
stick a p739 through her door with her name and the venue (pub, restaurant, church) where you want to meet her for a date. Put your name and number on the back in appropriate sections.
Keeps it lighthearted if she blows you out, or you can say you put through the wrong door and it was n't meant for her if she reacts badly.
Go for it......
Keeps it lighthearted if she blows you out, or you can say you put through the wrong door and it was n't meant for her if she reacts badly.
Go for it......
'Libraries gave us power'
-
WDPostman
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 17:03
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
mickeymacca wrote:stick a p739 through her door with her name and the venue (pub, restaurant, church) where you want to meet her for a date. Put your name and number on the back in appropriate sections.
Keeps it lighthearted if she blows you out, or you can say you put through the wrong door and it was n't meant for her if she reacts badly.
Go for it......
You know what I think I'll do that. I think she'd appreciate the novel gesture even if I misread the signs and she's not interested. Great idea, thanks mate!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
So I like a girl...
Just ask her if she would like to go the cinema. I wouldn't do the p739 thing
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
No worries buddy, let us know how you get onWDPostman wrote:mickeymacca wrote:stick a p739 through her door with her name and the venue (pub, restaurant, church) where you want to meet her for a date. Put your name and number on the back in appropriate sections.
Keeps it lighthearted if she blows you out, or you can say you put through the wrong door and it was n't meant for her if she reacts badly.
Go for it......
You know what I think I'll do that. I think she'd appreciate the novel gesture even if I misread the signs and she's not interested. Great idea, thanks mate!
'Libraries gave us power'
-
cobblers
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 09 Feb 2017, 11:04
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
Invite her to your local and if she doesn't show you can still have a few beers with your mates.Try and fill in the P739 properly in case she turns up at the Callers Office.Good luck anyway.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
This reminds me of the time we convinced our friend to write his number on the receipt to give to the waitress.
Only problem was the other waitress decided to come to collect the bill and she was a good 30 years older. Hilarious situation.
Lets hope she doesn't live with her grandmother if you're going to post your number ;)
Only problem was the other waitress decided to come to collect the bill and she was a good 30 years older. Hilarious situation.
Lets hope she doesn't live with her grandmother if you're going to post your number ;)
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
Don't do the p739 thing, that makes it company business. Lets assume for a second you've completely misread the signals, and she takes offense... then what do you think she'll do with the p739?arnold cheshire wrote:Just ask her if she would like to go the cinema. I wouldn't do the p739 thing
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
Let us know how you get on !!!! :-)
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
Don't do the P739 thing because it's naff.
Get one of your mates to tell her you fancy her is slightly less immature.
Also she may have a huge insanely jealous boyfriend/girlfriend who only stays over occasionally and it could be your unlucky day if they pick up the card first.
Get one of your mates to tell her you fancy her is slightly less immature.
Also she may have a huge insanely jealous boyfriend/girlfriend who only stays over occasionally and it could be your unlucky day if they pick up the card first.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
A guy in our office wrote out a p739 card with 2-1 on it when Liverpool beat Spurs 2-1 earlier on this season. He put it on the windscreen of his mates (customers) car. His mate didn’t get the football reference and went to the post office to collect his non existent 2nd package. 
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
A fishy mate of mine gave me this advice.
Ask one question.
Are you in a relationship?
If she immediately says yes it's game over.
If she hesitates and says yes it means she has no faith in her present relationship but doesn't want you to think that so it's game over.
If she hesitates and says no she didn't want you to know that but can't bring herself to lie about it so it's game over.
If she immediately says no there's maybe something weird about a pretty girl on her own but you're a postie so let's not point any webbed fingers.
In all seriousness do as Clash says, seize the moment, take the chance and do it like a grown-up.
One more awkward customer on your delivery isn't going to make much difference.
Ask one question.
Are you in a relationship?
If she immediately says yes it's game over.
If she hesitates and says yes it means she has no faith in her present relationship but doesn't want you to think that so it's game over.
If she hesitates and says no she didn't want you to know that but can't bring herself to lie about it so it's game over.
If she immediately says no there's maybe something weird about a pretty girl on her own but you're a postie so let's not point any webbed fingers.
In all seriousness do as Clash says, seize the moment, take the chance and do it like a grown-up.
One more awkward customer on your delivery isn't going to make much difference.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
So I like a girl...
Just ask if she fancies going for a drink sometime. Even say you’ve been a bit nervous about asking in case you’ve got it wrong.
Just being honest, straightforward with a smile on your face is the best way.
Just being honest, straightforward with a smile on your face is the best way.