ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Deleted
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
Woahhhh no no no. It's short term stuff. You are a new relationship, give it a chance first. It might not work out between you and then you've left a good job over a relationship which ultimately didnt last.
There are bound to be relationships happen at work, ignore the comments and they'll soon pass.
Just try to keep things separate and keep your head up, definitely no need to leave
There are bound to be relationships happen at work, ignore the comments and they'll soon pass.
Just try to keep things separate and keep your head up, definitely no need to leave
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
Also, this is the busiest time in work. It is putting a strain on most likely all of our relationships as the physical demand takes its toll.
With both of you in the same job it will be affecting both of you at the same time with fatigue and also the added stresses of loss at Christmas time.
Really really, don't resign. Talk to your manager if things are affecting you after christmas
With both of you in the same job it will be affecting both of you at the same time with fatigue and also the added stresses of loss at Christmas time.
Really really, don't resign. Talk to your manager if things are affecting you after christmas
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
Surely your line manager will be aware of your relationship with your work colleague? I certainly wouldn't resign over this, but could it simply be your boss asking if things were OK, so that they could be aware of any problems which may affect your "work" relationship?
Good luck, and I hope everything works out OK, and sorry for your partner's loss.
Good luck, and I hope everything works out OK, and sorry for your partner's loss.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
this doesnt sound like interfering to me
-
houseoflords
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 06 Feb 2012, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
I always believed in 'Not poking the payroll' always kept my private life out of work.
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
I don't know the full context of the situation, but, from what you've written it sounds as though you've got a considerate manager that is showing concern for her staff. Noticing that a colleague is not his usual self (with earphones in) and taking the time to understand why, that seems pretty reasonable to me, and quite a rarity. With regards your colleagues, there are some proper knobheads that work amongst us, and don't give them the satisfaction of effecting your working day and don't resign, there is probably a fair chance there jealous of your relationship.
If you are unhappy with your manager there is a grievance procedure you can follow, before you should think about resigning.
good luck
If you are unhappy with your manager there is a grievance procedure you can follow, before you should think about resigning.
good luck
'Libraries gave us power'
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
I think you're overreacting to be honest, people talking is silly nonsense that'll wear thin shortly. As for the boss, over stepping? Possibly but these can be awkward situations. There's a number of couples in our office, a few married with children. All bar one are still together no problem but there's one who went through an difficult divorce. There was an awful atmosphere in our office, with collegues taking different sides, tears, shouting ect ect. It really wasn't fair on anybody in our office and evetually one of said pair agreed to be transfered for the sake of everyone; themselve included. I can see this from both sides to be honest. If there's no issue with your partner I'd just bat it off, be happy and carry on!
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
A lassie I worked with at Royal Mail who I was well into got me sacked, arrested, locked up
I think there might be a moral in there somewhere.
I think there might be a moral in there somewhere.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Boss interfering in colleague relationship
Don't date anyone, anytime? That's what I'm doing 41 years single and counting!Trail wrote:A lassie I worked with at Royal Mail who I was well into got me sacked, arrested, locked up
I think there might be a moral in there somewhere.