ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is it time to go ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Fulpostie
Posts: 29
Joined: 18 Jan 2016, 17:31
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by Fulpostie »

Now in my 27th year but in two different spells,I'm now thinking about leaving the business all together.I have a deferred pension of 14 yrs and one that I'm still paying into which is now in its 13th year.Both my knees are in need of treatment but my doctor says that I'm too young for replacements and with a heart defect as well I don't think I can last until I'm 67.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by Postie45 »

cant really give you financial advice, but is the job going to get easier over the next few years ? quite the opposite, more pressure, more bullying seems to to be the future of this company right now.
Fulpostie
Posts: 29
Joined: 18 Jan 2016, 17:31
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by Fulpostie »

That's my main concern, getting another job even at my age shouldn't be too difficult as I've got other skills.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by tommyrep »

If you value your long term health ! probably yes. Only you can decide the finances open to you but do you seriously think life as a postie with RM is going to improve soon ?
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by gunho »

Many long timers in my office have left and more thinking of going. This is not the job I signed up for. Start early finish early. That has now gone
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Is it time to go ?

Post by FirstPost »

gunho wrote:Many long timers in my office have left and more thinking of going. This is not the job I signed up for. Start early finish early. That has now gone
How?
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by Bahia Feliz »

FirstPost wrote: How?
Because we now start later and finish later maybe?
zombiepostman
Posts: 41
Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by zombiepostman »

Reading this post i thought it was me,same problems i have taken some of my pension and reduced my hours so same money for a lot less hours might keep me going a bit longer.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Is it time to go ?

Post by Interested-seeker »

I think so.

I also think that I need to retrain and get a different job...I'm young and have achilles tendonitis from the job. Dread to think of the state I would be in later on when I am getting old.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8879
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by blue1873 »

From the medical side of it the answer must be yes all day long , if you can retrain or use your other skills
and not lose out financially then the answer is right in front of you.Good luck which ever way you decide. :hmmmm
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Is it time to go ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

FirstPost wrote:
gunho wrote:Many long timers in my office have left and more thinking of going. This is not the job I signed up for. Start early finish early. That has now gone
How?

FTimers used to start at around 5 am and finish 1pm on a 40 hour week.

Now its 2 hours later (on average) at both ends, makes a massive difference to family life.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
David walters
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 44
Joined: 17 Jan 2017, 19:22
Gender: Male

Is it time to go ?

Post by David walters »

Hi .i finished in March .i was like you didant no what to do for the best .but my health was get worse .best thing I’ve ever done .we are all different .only you no when the time is right to go .i done 22 years I miss the banter with my mates.but the jobs is get worse every year.and my body couldant take it any mre