ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What days don't we work over xmas
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
What days don't we work over xmas
I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
-
Jiperjuper
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 11 Dec 2018, 23:13
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
What happens if your day off is Christmas Day?
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
This is the case for me too, I read on here from what I remember you can have it paid or change the day off?Jiperjuper wrote:What happens if your day off is Christmas Day?
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
You can ask for another day off I'm the week (doubt you will get this) get paid for it or have a day added to your leave.Jiperjuper wrote:What happens if your day off is Christmas Day?
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?CPTNemoUK wrote:No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
You’ll get paid for Christmas Day (same as everyone) but if you don’t get a different day off (unlikely) then you will either get a day added back to your leave or can claim a day overtime (your choice of these two options)Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?CPTNemoUK wrote:No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
Thank you :) I’ll take the extra dayjoewyan wrote:You’ll get paid for Christmas Day (same as everyone) but if you don’t get a different day off (unlikely) then you will either get a day added back to your leave or can claim a day overtime (your choice of these two options)Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?CPTNemoUK wrote:No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
i'm long weekend w/c 17th, so i'll be off sat/sun/mon/tues/wed. ...what a bummer 
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
Got whole week offdaveyeff wrote:i'm long weekend w/c 17th, so i'll be off sat/sun/mon/tues/wed. ...what a bummer
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
Night shifts (any office) get xmas eve and xmas day off. They're back on boxing night going into the 27th at midnight that night. Some offices might do it with volunteers, some might have all staff in. New Years week night shifts (any office) get just the 31st off. New Years day going into the 2nd they're back at midnight that night. Some offices might do it with volunteers, some might have all staff in.
All other shifts it'll be the xmas day, boxing day and new years day they get off. I believe it's slightly different in Scotland
All other shifts it'll be the xmas day, boxing day and new years day they get off. I believe it's slightly different in Scotland
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
What days don’t we week over xmas
But don’t forget they will need to have leave space for you to book it.Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you :) I’ll take the extra dayjoewyan wrote:You’ll get paid for Christmas Day (same as everyone) but if you don’t get a different day off (unlikely) then you will either get a day added back to your leave or can claim a day overtime (your choice of these two options)Rapidryan88 wrote:Thank you my day off is xmas day. Do we get paid day off for Xmas day?CPTNemoUK wrote:No just them unless in Scotland where you get the 2nd of Jan off also. Just hope you're lucky and your day off falls on another day. I'm quite lucky this year got the day after boxing day off.Rapidryan88 wrote:I know we get xmas day Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off but do we get anything else? Xmas eve ?