So a guy claimed I hit his car. Was about 4 30 tonight. I am so sure I didn't. Could have misjudged due to the dark I guess but didn't hear or feel anything
I gave him the office, the reg and my name. No manager to tell, they all went home.
What should I have done, if indeed this wasn't correct procedure?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Colission
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Colission
Check your van for scratches or dents and paint marks, if its any, you did hit his car, if none, tell him he`s a liar.
Do not accept any liability and speak to your union rep asap.
Do not accept any liability and speak to your union rep asap.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Colission
Meant to use the PDA to report the actual RTC. DOM or 'PHG' or someone in charge should be at the DO until everyone has returned unless by prior arrangement. Should have knowledge of DOMs mobile phone number if they own one in case of emergencies.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Colission
Ho, ho, ho - 'You have reached the Orange mobile answering service. The caller you are trying to reach is unavailable at the moment, please leaveCelgar wrote:.....DOM or 'PHG' or someone in charge should be at the DO until everyone has returned unless by prior arrangement. Should have knowledge of DOMs mobile phone number if they own one in case of emergencies.
your message after the beep......".
Perhaps if the managers got their work mobiles on the PDA phone function like they're supposed to you might be able to get hold of one. They like to
contact you whenever they want out of hours but god forbid that you actually need to contact them while you're still at work and they're done
'managing' for the day.......
-
Jamiechelt
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 16 Feb 2018, 19:35
- Gender: Male
Colission
he was a foreign driving instructor. seemed a bit weird he was sat in the car, outside the house i needed to visit.postietom wrote:If you hit somebody you know it, unless you're a wagon driver? Sounds like this person is trying it on.
-
Jiperjuper
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 11 Dec 2018, 23:13
- Gender: Male
Accident at work
What’s the deal with reporting it etc
What should happen
What should happen
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Accident at work
I'll merge this with the other thread as it appears to be the same subject
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Colission
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =2&t=12630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LTB 908/08 Telemetry RTA Procedure Driver Interventions
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=46441" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Road Traffic Accident Procedure (RTA) 2012
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=67497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; RTA Procedure : Revised Accident Management Letters
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=74127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LTB 209/16 National Deployment/Roll-Out of the Telephone Accident Reporting Process
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=76486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LTB 565/16 - Terms of Reference between Royal Mail and the Communication Workers Union on the National Extension of the Telephone Accident Reporting Process
This is from a google site search - you may find more using the search facility in the top right of each page.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=46441" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Road Traffic Accident Procedure (RTA) 2012
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=67497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; RTA Procedure : Revised Accident Management Letters
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=74127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LTB 209/16 National Deployment/Roll-Out of the Telephone Accident Reporting Process
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=76486" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; LTB 565/16 - Terms of Reference between Royal Mail and the Communication Workers Union on the National Extension of the Telephone Accident Reporting Process
This is from a google site search - you may find more using the search facility in the top right of each page.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.