ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Does anyone actually like the job??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WallaceCat
Posts: 70
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 22:38
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by WallaceCat »

I mean there's a lot of negativity, I mean Iv only been it three years so I'm lucky/unlucky I never had to go through the van Shated partner change, personally I love the job. But some folk in my office can't get over this shared partner thing which is each to there own I guess. Iv also had some tough jobs before hand whereas a lot of posters have only done that job. It's great money aswell I think.

Anyone else enjoy it
BAILEY21
Posts: 25
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 17:54
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by BAILEY21 »

It's human nature to have a moan about things now and then,all in all there are a lot worse jobs out there.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by rambo1 »

Rico Back ?
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by Gangham_style14 »

I can see where your colleagues are coming from as for van share Jobs it would be down to if your partner is decent, In my office I’m fortunate to have a decent lad as my partner where as if I was partnered with somebody else in my office that was lazy (Believe me there are a few!) then I’d hate it too.

I hate the office side of the job, the politics in our office is worse than brexit ! But once we are out delivering that’s when I enjoy it most.
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by simply_the_best »

I enjoy it, have my own rural delivery with no shared van, bliss :chuckle
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by Woody Guthrie »

It isn't negative to want to protect or improve your terms and conditions. If it wasn't for the moaning from others you wouldn't love the job.

Working for Royal Mail is like buying a second hand car, you never want the seller to know how much you love the car or he'll just bump the price up.If you let management know you love this job they'll take the piss big time so we all pretend we couldn't care less whether they sack us all tomorrow.
Only dead fish follow the current
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by luddite »

My own rural round, stunning valley delivery area, not enough time and the office nonsense does my head in!
Out on the road though good job.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sink Estate, shootings and police raids on a regular basis, but the people are brilliant and even the gang bangers know me.

I love this job, better than being a call centre operator as I was before.

Only the people who like a job will moan about it, those that don't care won't even think about it after the clock stops.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by Bernardson »

luddite wrote:My own rural round, stunning valley delivery area, not enough time and the office nonsense does my head in!
Out on the road though good job.
That's me too. I think my duty is the most scenic in this part of East Anglia.

We must always keep pushing for better terms and conditions never let management know you are content :chuckle
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by deristrong »

good weather, enjoy it. bad weather, don't.
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by ScousePostie »

I enjoy it once out of the office. The office politics does my head in and there are some really annoying gripes I have about the job but on the whole it's good.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by deltaforce »

Loved the job back in the day. Don’t like it now. The walk is too long, feet ache, knee playing up, got a small hernia. Only a few years to go, so not all bad.
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by koolishy67 »

I am happy with my job done worse than this job. Great pay, nice hours, paid sick leave, paid annual leave, free shares, good pension.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by wacko74 »

Being a rural duty holder is about the only way the job is still tolerable. (So that doesn't include me!)
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Does anyone actually like the job??

Post by crimson king »

Once I'm out and away from management I love it. Even today in the freezing rain, with people answering doors in their pyjamas saying 'not very nice for you today is it?'

'Still better than working in an office' is my stock answer. Love it, rain or shine, just keep those idiot managers who have never posted a letter in their life away from me and I'm happy as as a lashed Larry.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.