ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Does anyone actually like the job??
-
WallaceCat
- Posts: 70
- Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 22:38
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
I mean there's a lot of negativity, I mean Iv only been it three years so I'm lucky/unlucky I never had to go through the van Shated partner change, personally I love the job. But some folk in my office can't get over this shared partner thing which is each to there own I guess. Iv also had some tough jobs before hand whereas a lot of posters have only done that job. It's great money aswell I think.
Anyone else enjoy it
Anyone else enjoy it
-
BAILEY21
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
It's human nature to have a moan about things now and then,all in all there are a lot worse jobs out there.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
Rico Back ?
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
I can see where your colleagues are coming from as for van share Jobs it would be down to if your partner is decent, In my office I’m fortunate to have a decent lad as my partner where as if I was partnered with somebody else in my office that was lazy (Believe me there are a few!) then I’d hate it too.
I hate the office side of the job, the politics in our office is worse than brexit ! But once we are out delivering that’s when I enjoy it most.
I hate the office side of the job, the politics in our office is worse than brexit ! But once we are out delivering that’s when I enjoy it most.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Does anyone actually like the job??
I enjoy it, have my own rural delivery with no shared van, bliss 
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
It isn't negative to want to protect or improve your terms and conditions. If it wasn't for the moaning from others you wouldn't love the job.
Working for Royal Mail is like buying a second hand car, you never want the seller to know how much you love the car or he'll just bump the price up.If you let management know you love this job they'll take the piss big time so we all pretend we couldn't care less whether they sack us all tomorrow.
Working for Royal Mail is like buying a second hand car, you never want the seller to know how much you love the car or he'll just bump the price up.If you let management know you love this job they'll take the piss big time so we all pretend we couldn't care less whether they sack us all tomorrow.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
Does anyone actually like the job??
My own rural round, stunning valley delivery area, not enough time and the office nonsense does my head in!
Out on the road though good job.
Out on the road though good job.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Does anyone actually like the job??
Sink Estate, shootings and police raids on a regular basis, but the people are brilliant and even the gang bangers know me.
I love this job, better than being a call centre operator as I was before.
Only the people who like a job will moan about it, those that don't care won't even think about it after the clock stops.
I love this job, better than being a call centre operator as I was before.
Only the people who like a job will moan about it, those that don't care won't even think about it after the clock stops.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Does anyone actually like the job??
That's me too. I think my duty is the most scenic in this part of East Anglia.luddite wrote:My own rural round, stunning valley delivery area, not enough time and the office nonsense does my head in!
Out on the road though good job.
We must always keep pushing for better terms and conditions never let management know you are content
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
good weather, enjoy it. bad weather, don't.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
I enjoy it once out of the office. The office politics does my head in and there are some really annoying gripes I have about the job but on the whole it's good.
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
Loved the job back in the day. Don’t like it now. The walk is too long, feet ache, knee playing up, got a small hernia. Only a few years to go, so not all bad.
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
I am happy with my job done worse than this job. Great pay, nice hours, paid sick leave, paid annual leave, free shares, good pension.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
Being a rural duty holder is about the only way the job is still tolerable. (So that doesn't include me!)
-
crimson king
- Posts: 783
- Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
- Gender: Male
Does anyone actually like the job??
Once I'm out and away from management I love it. Even today in the freezing rain, with people answering doors in their pyjamas saying 'not very nice for you today is it?'
'Still better than working in an office' is my stock answer. Love it, rain or shine, just keep those idiot managers who have never posted a letter in their life away from me and I'm happy as as a lashed Larry.
'Still better than working in an office' is my stock answer. Love it, rain or shine, just keep those idiot managers who have never posted a letter in their life away from me and I'm happy as as a lashed Larry.
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.