ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank Holidays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SW Postie
Posts: 39
Joined: 28 Aug 2018, 12:16
Gender: Male

Bank Holidays

Post by SW Postie »

Sorry if this has been covered before but to me it has always been very confusing!!! I never understood how bank holidays worked before when I was with RM and still don't now!!

I work 23.5 hours over 3 days a week although at the moment during Xmas pressure I am doing 35 hours plus over 5/6 days. The week commencing 24/12 I am back down to 3 days, working on the 24th, 27th and 29th. One of my colleagues said I can ask to be paid for Xmas day and boxing day but I don't believe he is correct as I am still working my 3 days that week!! Can anybody point me in the right direction please? TIA.
Daveg50
Posts: 40
Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Bank Holidays

Post by Daveg50 »

I am in the same boat as you, I work 23.5 hours, 3 days a week. I expect you receive the same days off as me we are not contracted to work Tuesdays or Wednesday(this is a permanent day off) and we get a floating day of the rest of the week. Sorry but this year we have s**t out, next year we will gain and in the future it will work very well in our favour but this year you just have to deal with it, they are not going to pay you or give you a extra days off when you are not contracted to work Tuesday or Wednesday. If your shift pattern is different and you do work Tuesday or Wednesday then I apologise in advance.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Bank Holidays

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Annual holiday Bank Holiday Guide.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Woody Guthrie on 13 Dec 2018, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Only dead fish follow the current