ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Conference Call
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Conference Call
Anyone had the fortune to listen in on a conference call in the morning? It’s quite amusing what the bosses have to speel off to there boss,no wonder they look so stressed,can’t be worth it surely!,
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Conference Call
Yep, I had the pleasure of listening in a few yrs ago, can only have got worse now. To hear the trembling fear in the voices of some of the doms was quite amusing to me. No wonder offices nationwide are in such a mess if the doms can't stand up for themselves and their office. Not that I have ever watched the apprentice, but seen clips and it reminded me of that, with Alan sugar being the area boss. Lol. They took the job on, they get paid more to take the stress. No way I'd do it though, for an extra £15k or whatever, a yr. There's more to life.robbertwhitton wrote:Anyone had the fortune to listen in on a conference call in the morning? It’s quite amusing what the bosses have to speel off to there boss,no wonder they look so stressed,can’t be worth it surely!,
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3346
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Conference Call
I feel like 'Conference Call' is one of those corporate euphemisms. It seems more like the feudal lord dropping in on his tenants.
'Yes, sir, yes, sir, three walks lapsed sir'
'Yes, sir, yes, sir, three walks lapsed sir'
The machine stops.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Conference Call
“Five sickies, three flu-like symptoms, one bad back, one unconfirmed, two lapsed, half on OT, three bodies on loan to the East, and office clear when I close my eyes and stand in the corner. Briefed on van rolls, well kinda, got the paper signed anyway. One going to conduct, probably won’t amount to anything but I want you to think I’m a hardass. Won’t let you down”
Phone down, now how do I get outta here ASAP
Phone down, now how do I get outta here ASAP
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Conference Call
Brilliant!,, it was like listening to the results of the Eurovision Song Contest!! Hilarious,LaggyBand wrote:“Five sickies, three flu-like symptoms, one bad back, one unconfirmed, two lapsed, half on OT, three bodies on loan to the East, and office clear when I close my eyes and stand in the corner. Briefed on van rolls, well kinda, got the paper signed anyway. One going to conduct, probably won’t amount to anything but I want you to think I’m a hardass. Won’t let you down”
Phone down, now how do I get outta here ASAP
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Conference Call
Just another waste of time in my opinion - in my office at least.
Everyday i have to ask the DOM what walks i need to look at with regard allocation of Specials - lapsed duties, sickness etc.
The number of times my list had bared now comparison to what i hear him saying on the conference call is baffling.
Everyday i have to ask the DOM what walks i need to look at with regard allocation of Specials - lapsed duties, sickness etc.
The number of times my list had bared now comparison to what i hear him saying on the conference call is baffling.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Conference Call
Conference calls often come in first thing in the morning, I don't know about later in the afternoon, although I guess some DOMs like to show that they are still present in the office at that time. Its a highly paid job and is often done by ex-posties with few qualifications........
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.