ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Conference Call

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Conference Call

Post by robbertwhitton »

Anyone had the fortune to listen in on a conference call in the morning? It’s quite amusing what the bosses have to speel off to there boss,no wonder they look so stressed,can’t be worth it surely!,
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Conference Call

Post by rambo1 »

robbertwhitton wrote:Anyone had the fortune to listen in on a conference call in the morning? It’s quite amusing what the bosses have to speel off to there boss,no wonder they look so stressed,can’t be worth it surely!,
Yep, I had the pleasure of listening in a few yrs ago, can only have got worse now. To hear the trembling fear in the voices of some of the doms was quite amusing to me. No wonder offices nationwide are in such a mess if the doms can't stand up for themselves and their office. Not that I have ever watched the apprentice, but seen clips and it reminded me of that, with Alan sugar being the area boss. Lol. They took the job on, they get paid more to take the stress. No way I'd do it though, for an extra £15k or whatever, a yr. There's more to life.
Mr Rush
Posts: 3347
Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
Gender: Male

Conference Call

Post by Mr Rush »

I feel like 'Conference Call' is one of those corporate euphemisms. It seems more like the feudal lord dropping in on his tenants.

'Yes, sir, yes, sir, three walks lapsed sir'
The machine stops.
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

Conference Call

Post by LaggyBand »

“Five sickies, three flu-like symptoms, one bad back, one unconfirmed, two lapsed, half on OT, three bodies on loan to the East, and office clear when I close my eyes and stand in the corner. Briefed on van rolls, well kinda, got the paper signed anyway. One going to conduct, probably won’t amount to anything but I want you to think I’m a hardass. Won’t let you down”
Phone down, now how do I get outta here ASAP
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Conference Call

Post by robbertwhitton »

LaggyBand wrote:“Five sickies, three flu-like symptoms, one bad back, one unconfirmed, two lapsed, half on OT, three bodies on loan to the East, and office clear when I close my eyes and stand in the corner. Briefed on van rolls, well kinda, got the paper signed anyway. One going to conduct, probably won’t amount to anything but I want you to think I’m a hardass. Won’t let you down”
Phone down, now how do I get outta here ASAP
Brilliant!,, it was like listening to the results of the Eurovision Song Contest!! Hilarious,
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

Conference Call

Post by Mezza »

Just another waste of time in my opinion - in my office at least.

Everyday i have to ask the DOM what walks i need to look at with regard allocation of Specials - lapsed duties, sickness etc.
The number of times my list had bared now comparison to what i hear him saying on the conference call is baffling.
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Conference Call

Post by postslippete »

Conference calls often come in first thing in the morning, I don't know about later in the afternoon, although I guess some DOMs like to show that they are still present in the office at that time. Its a highly paid job and is often done by ex-posties with few qualifications........
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.