ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by magicw »

Firstly this is totally my choice, I know it will be impossible/ difficult to return to full time hours in the future, so I m well aware this is my choice.

Some questions though, and would appreciate some advice if anyone else has done this or similar.

I can work out basic salary on 30 hours, About £377 before deductions.

Will my delivery supplement by Halved? Or calculated at pro rata of full time ?

My OT will kick in at 30 Hours?

Start time should be worked backwards Six Hours from Current Full time Duty Finishes?

Currently pay 3% POAL for 2 weeks additional leave. Have been paying this since start of the leave year and have one week remaining to take at the end of January 2019/ Have I already paid for that week and would therefore receive 38 hours holiday pay for it? I would I drop to 30 Hours holiday as soon as I change contract. How do they calculate how much leave ive paid for to date?

Obviously in April 19 I would change to 30 hours Holidays.

If I surrender 8 hours back to the company/ will the office profile still get to keep those 8 hours somewhere else, I m currently a full time Float and wouldn't want to see the office loose the hours.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by fb1969 »

PM sent
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

magicw wrote:Firstly this is totally my choice, I know it will be impossible/ difficult to return to full time hours in the future, so I m well aware this is my choice.

Some questions though, and would appreciate some advice if anyone else has done this or similar.

I can work out basic salary on 30 hours, About £377 before deductions.

Will my delivery supplement by Halved? Or calculated at pro rata of full time ?

My OT will kick in at 30 Hours?

Start time should be worked backwards Six Hours from Current Full time Duty Finishes?

Currently pay 3% POAL for 2 weeks additional leave. Have been paying this since start of the leave year and have one week remaining to take at the end of January 2019/ Have I already paid for that week and would therefore receive 38 hours holiday pay for it? I would I drop to 30 Hours holiday as soon as I change contract. How do they calculate how much leave ive paid for to date?

Obviously in April 19 I would change to 30 hours Holidays.

If I surrender 8 hours back to the company/ will the office profile still get to keep those 8 hours somewhere else, I m currently a full time Float and wouldn't want to see the office loose the hours.
1. Del Supp is pro rata.
2. SSPR will kick in at 30 hours - Overtime at 38 hrs.
3. No, it should be whatever your other 30 hour colleagues times are - or what your manager agrees - but your method is as good as any.
4. Leave including POAL is earned on an accrual basis. So you base it on the amount of leave year left and how many hours you work for each section. There is a roughly a 1/4 of the leave year left so your entitlement would be roughly 3/4 at 38 hours and 1/4 at 30 hours. (You haven't paid for all of your POAL as something is taken out for it every week).
5. That would be up to management if they use the 8 hours elsewhere, but you can't stipulate that they should.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by lightningpostman »

how much you been offered for the buy down?
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by magicw »

lightningpostman wrote:how much you been offered for the buy down?

Nothing! Just going to pick a duty that's 30 hours! I ve had a change in domestic circumstances that means starting before 0730 in the morning is going to be near on impossible.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by Celgar »

In our DO two posties volunteered to drop down from full time to four full days. This works better as you don't have to come in and find the prep hasn't been completed. I understand this isn't possible for you given your change in domestic circumstances.
Regarding surrendering hours those eight hours should remain in the office budget. We employed an addition four day week postie to cover the hours not covered.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by daveyeff »

so if this option had not been available to you, then you would've had to leave I take it?
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by magicw »

daveyeff wrote:so if this option had not been available to you, then you would've had to leave I take it?
It would be difficult to work my current contract. I would have to employ a childminder from 0730 to school drop off every morning, Then in September when my daughter starts secondary school that would not even cover it , as the bus she requires departs at 0730 in town a good 2 miles from our address. Sorry but I m not prepared to leave her un supervised to make a 2 mile journey into town at aged 11. Maybe in a few years time but not now.


In fact that wouldn't even cover it, as I would have to leave the house at 0600 and there is not a childminder in the World who would take your kid Early. ( Don't think its even legally possible )

I ve tried the Family Friendly route but our DOM wont even Scope it! I think he likes the idea of getting the hours back as he's inherited an office with too many indoor hours and he's doing everything he can to claw them back.

All the Vacant duties he's put up have suddenly dropped from Full time to only 30 hours! I ve asked the CWU rep where the hours have gone and he says last time they did a revision a lot of people got made up to full time and now theres too many hours on the IP.
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

Dropping down from full time to 30 hours.

Post by maninred »

lightningpostman wrote:how much you been offered for the buy down?
:left: