ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Christmas Tips

Post by FirstPost »

How much have you got so far? :dance
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by rambo1 »

Work to time. Give your big packets to the packet driver. Don't work in the dark. Get to the phg locker early to make sure the pda's haven't ran out.......
Oh, sorry. You didn't mean those sorts of tips. :Very Happy
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by hero22 »

£20 , pack of skittles and a box of matchsticks lol
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by rehabron »

FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by buntin »

80 quid.
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

rehabron wrote:
FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Grow up
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by rehabron »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:
rehabron wrote:
FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Grow up
Read the RM official policy line on gratuities.
I gave a comment although I don't have to agree with it as I have already grown up.
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by rehabron »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -jail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Christmas Tips

Post by tonytucker »

rehabron wrote:
FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Theres always one..sad twat bet your fun at Christmas
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
rehabron
Posts: 1372
Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by rehabron »

tonytucker wrote:
rehabron wrote:
FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Theres always one..sad twat bet your fun at Christmas
Was voted the funniest man at my office for this year an honour which I was grateful to receive.
Before you decide to make derogatory comments and jump in with both feet why don't you use your time more usefully be reading my insertion publicised in the Daily Mail which was at the back of my mind when I made my comments.
As already stated I don't have to agree with the advice I gave on Christmas Tipping but I feel that it is the purpose of this chat room to give all information that is relevant on the matter being discussed. Having shown and shared this information is a matter of individual choice but I am making colleagues aware of it so they do not fall foul of a manger who may take the opportunity to use it in a dismissal.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by rubberbond »

I don't see why you have to defend yourself, your tone was reasonable ,as was your point , I don't feel you should be insulted because you offered an opinion someone didn't like. Furthermore what about the implications of the Bribery Act.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by number one »

rehabron wrote:
tonytucker wrote:
rehabron wrote:
FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Theres always one..sad twat bet your fun at Christmas
Was voted the funniest man at my office for this year an honour which I was grateful to receive.
Before you decide to make derogatory comments and jump in with both feet why don't you use your time more usefully be reading my insertion publicised in the Daily Mail which was at the back of my mind when I made my comments.
As already stated I don't have to agree with the advice I gave on Christmas Tipping but I feel that it is the purpose of this chat room to give all information that is relevant on the matter being discussed. Having shown and shared this information is a matter of individual choice but I am making colleagues aware of it so they do not fall foul of a manger who may take the opportunity to use it in a dismissal.
Get a grip, there’s so many flaws is what you have posted I can’t even be bothered to dissect it
stoneybroke
Posts: 80
Joined: 01 Oct 2015, 19:47
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by stoneybroke »

rehabron wrote:
tonytucker wrote:
rehabron wrote:
FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Theres always one..sad twat bet your fun at Christmas
Was voted the funniest man at my office for this year an honour which I was grateful to receive.
Before you decide to make derogatory comments and jump in with both feet why don't you use your time more usefully be reading my insertion publicised in the Daily Mail which was at the back of my mind when I made my comments.
As already stated I don't have to agree with the advice I gave on Christmas Tipping but I feel that it is the purpose of this chat room to give all information that is relevant on the matter being discussed. Having shown and shared this information is a matter of individual choice but I am making colleagues aware of it so they do not fall foul of a manger who may take the opportunity to use it in a dismissal.
Daily Mail reader? Enough said....
Mailman300
Posts: 48
Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by Mailman300 »

rambo1 wrote:Work to time. Give your big packets to the packet driver. Don't work in the dark. Get to the phg locker early to make sure the pda's haven't ran out.......
Oh, sorry. You didn't mean those sorts of tips. :Very Happy
Ha ha ha, good one.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Christmas Tips

Post by aiden01 »

number one wrote:
rehabron wrote:
tonytucker wrote:
rehabron wrote:
FirstPost wrote:How much have you got so far? :dance
I think this is a personal matter and should remain confidential in case an inland revenue officer is on the site. :nana :nana
Something tells me that tips totalling over £ 30 have to be declared. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Theres always one..sad twat bet your fun at Christmas
Was voted the funniest man at my office for this year an honour which I was grateful to receive.
Before you decide to make derogatory comments and jump in with both feet why don't you use your time more usefully be reading my insertion publicised in the Daily Mail which was at the back of my mind when I made my comments.
As already stated I don't have to agree with the advice I gave on Christmas Tipping but I feel that it is the purpose of this chat room to give all information that is relevant on the matter being discussed. Having shown and shared this information is a matter of individual choice but I am making colleagues aware of it so they do not fall foul of a manger who may take the opportunity to use it in a dismissal.
Get a grip, there’s so many flaws is what you have posted I can’t even be bothered to dissect it
C,mon number tell us all the flaws :hmmmm