ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
I remember when applying for the job it said something about a pay increase after 6 months and then 12 months, but nothing about this is mentioned in my contract. So do I get an increase at 6 months and how much is it likely to be?
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
Yes its about 50pence an hour both times
-
south London postie
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
- Gender: Male
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
If I remember correctly, the union also agreed a reduction in FT hours next October (2019) from 38 to 37. If that's the case then, as a part-timer, you will also get an increase of about a tenner. It's complicated - three increases in 10 months is pretty good though!
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
roll on 6 months! 
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
Make a note of when its due and keep an eye on your payslip, as they might 'forget' to up your pay. I only realised mine hadn't changed after about 10 months!FirstPost wrote:roll on 6 months!
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
did they back pay you?ArthurPewty wrote:Make a note of when its due and keep an eye on your payslip, as they might 'forget' to up your pay. I only realised mine hadn't changed after about 10 months!FirstPost wrote:roll on 6 months!
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
I think this has happened to me. my payslip is not reflecting the new rateArthurPewty wrote:Make a note of when its due and keep an eye on your payslip, as they might 'forget' to up your pay. I only realised mine hadn't changed after about 10 months!FirstPost wrote:roll on 6 months!
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Pay increase after 6 months? then 12?
Should I have the payrise (6 MONTHS service) and the 'new' payrise that people are talking about, am I entitled to it aswell?