ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Reserve & runner

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Reserve & runner

Post by Jacko29 »

Hey, I’m a reserve and been partnered with a runner who makes me feel like rubbish and slow, keeps making digs but makes out it’s a joke. We always finish on our finish time including breaks. Sometimes slightly earlier than finish time but I get the impression there not happy unless they finish two hours before. It’s making my morale low. Someone else expects me to do D2Ds for each frame the day before when we are on together, Is this reasonable or are they taking the piss? Anyway I’m just having a rant, any advice appreciated. Thanks
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Reserve & runner

Post by Postie45 »

Jacko29 wrote:Someone else expects me to do D2Ds for each frame the day before when we are on together, Is this reasonable or are they taking the piss?
more info needed here, are you on that same duty the whole week ?
when you are prepping these d2d where are they ?
sounds like its taking the piss though.

always remember, your colleagues are NOT your boss, no matter how many years of seniority they have, they cant tell you to do ANYTHING.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Reserve & runner

Post by Jacko29 »

Postie45 wrote:
Jacko29 wrote:Someone else expects me to do D2Ds for each frame the day before when we are on together, Is this reasonable or are they taking the piss?
more info needed here, are you on that same duty the whole week ?
when you are prepping these d2d where are they ?
sounds like its taking the piss though.

always remember, your colleagues are NOT your boss, no matter how many years of seniority they have, they cant tell you to do ANYTHING.
I’m on different duty’s but when I’m on that particular one they ask me to make d2ds if I have time. I made my own column for the next day but didn’t see why I should do there’s aswell, he looked pissed off I ain’t done them.

Certain colleagues act bossy. Some of them seem to not want me to take my break or use a trolley, even when the bag is well heavy.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Reserve & runner

Post by Postie45 »

Jacko29 wrote:
I’m on different duty’s but when I’m on that particular one they ask me to make d2ds if I have time. I made my own column for the next day but didn’t see why I should do there’s aswell, he looked pissed off I ain’t done them.

Certain colleagues act bossy. Some of them seem to not want me to take my break or use a trolley, even when the bag is well heavy.
heh then he can be pissed off, why didnt HE do them the day before if he wants them done so bad ? Dont worry about it and just do yours if you want youre not his slave.

Yes unfortunately its common for some posties to act bossy, they work a certain way and then some new person comes along and forces them to do it another way and they get annoyed. Facts are you should be using a trolley, and your well within your rights to take your break.
Theres not much you can do to change their attitudes im afraid, it sounds like youre doing the right thing though !
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Reserve & runner

Post by NewPostieUK »

Door to doors are part of the workload. Whoever is prepping the duty THAT DAY is meant to prep the door to doors.

Are you full time? Are you meant to prep the duty?
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Reserve & runner

Post by Jacko29 »

NewPostieUK wrote:Door to doors are part of the workload. Whoever is prepping the duty THAT DAY is meant to prep the door to doors.

Are you full time? Are you meant to prep the duty?
I’m part time but I’m working full time hours and beyond. So I’m happy to prep mine for the duty I’m on but I’m not keen on doing them the day before as I can be moved if someone is off sick etc.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Reserve & runner

Post by Jacko29 »

Well to be honest I was thinking that but thought maybe I was just being mean and maybe there was a reason why he asked me but I think it’s just cos he lazy or something.

Thanks
Last edited by Jacko29 on 07 Dec 2018, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Reserve & runner

Post by DrSatan »

In our DO we generally do a minimum of a 6th on the frame/duty we are on. So if someone double preps and one on IPS, they still do their own share of throwing up d2d.
Jacko29
Posts: 219
Joined: 12 Apr 2018, 19:13
Gender: Female

Reserve & runner

Post by Jacko29 »

DrSatan wrote:In our DO we generally do a minimum of a 6th on the frame/duty we are on. So if someone double preps and one on IPS, they still do their own share of throwing up d2d.
That’s how it works but this guy wanted me to do them the day before, after my delivery, for both frames.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Reserve & runner

Post by NewPostieUK »

Jacko29 wrote: That’s how it works but this guy wanted me to do them the day before, after my delivery, for both frames.

That's just not on. If you finished early and were standing around with nothing to do, I can understand him 'suggesting' it, but no way if you are already on overtime.