ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blue ink on a red envelope

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 967
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by britwrit »

Dear Customers,

Please stop doing this. I know red fits in with the season but really, this combination is unreadable. Especially when your jagged scrawl reminds the world that penmanship isn't taught in schools anymore.

Thank you.
anthonyok
Posts: 81
Joined: 13 Oct 2007, 17:53

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by anthonyok »

Pencil on red envelope takes some beating .
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by Celgar »

It isn't going to stop any time soon. It's one thing to sort them in an MC and another entirely to try and read them on the doorstep in the twilight or near dark.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by greengiant »

I hate badly written cursive handwriting!
demon.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by Janet Brum »

I hate the writing on little chinese packets, it`s so small it`s barely readable :arrrghhh
I also hate the tiny envelopes or hand made ones, so easy to fell off the bundle :arrrghhh
Some people think they are nice but they are just a pain to deliver :sad:
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by greengiant »

Oversized greetings cards aren't much fun, particularly if the recipient has an undersized letterbox.... :arrrghhh
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by Jpro747 »

Janet Brum wrote:I hate the writing on little chinese packets, it`s so small it`s barely readable :arrrghhh
I also hate the tiny envelopes or hand made ones, so easy to fell off the bundle :arrrghhh
Some people think they are nice but they are just a pain to deliver :sad:
I always feel paranoid about those tiny xmas cards, keep thinking I’ve dropped one or left one in the frame :nervous
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by FirstPost »

greengiant wrote:Oversized greetings cards aren't much fun, particularly if the recipient has an undersized letterbox.... :arrrghhh
739 it, simple!
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by tonytucker »

britwrit wrote:Dear Customers,

Please stop doing this. I know red fits in with the season but really, this combination is unreadable. Especially when your jagged scrawl reminds the world that penmanship isn't taught in schools anymore.

Thank you.
Im sure lots of customers are reading this !
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 967
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Blue ink on a red envelope

Post by britwrit »

tonytucker wrote:
britwrit wrote:Dear Customers,

Please stop doing this. I know red fits in with the season but really, this combination is unreadable. Especially when your jagged scrawl reminds the world that penmanship isn't taught in schools anymore.

Thank you.
Im sure lots of customers are reading this !
Sure. Once they wander over from theirs own posts about the mail centre I work in. :Very Happy