ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pda shortage
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
Got a shortage in our office also. The Hct walks don't get one. There's been a fair bit of moaning.Smith1212 wrote:In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
When there was a shortage of PDAs at our place I flat refused to go out on delivery.Smith1212 wrote:In our DO we’ve not got enough pdas for the office so we’re 1 pda per pair it’s so awkward this time of year.But I can’t see them getting any new ones in to sort the problem.
If you're not giving me the tools to get the job done...
It took them a minute to find me two PDAs.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
What about Your 2D codes?You must be missing em all.No way should you have 1 between you
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
You can be conducted for taking pics of barcodes.Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
what if you don't have a phone to take pictures?Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
this is bad management.
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
miles_peters wrote:what if you don't have a phone to take pictures?Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
this is bad management.
blimey were short of scanners.....I chose out of our pair to go without....
I DONT TAKE ANY NOTICE OF 2D`s for the time being...
I have to jot down on the old type sheet all the tracked numbers and get customers to scribble a signature some were next to the number
2 days running I have messed up on tracked numbers so they cant be entered into my partners pda.
Rain all day today I had a load of paper mache sheets with barcodes fading today LOL
dom tutted when I couldn't make out a number....my fault? lol
oh an btw we were told at a team brief to use our phones to take pics of the barcodes.......no way was I using my phone in the rain today
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
PDA shortage has to be one of the key reasons why Tracked items are not being scanned...
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
We were short, a couple have turned up recently though. It's a pain in the arse, no getting away from that. I'm on packets and had to go a day without one. I used my phone; was no way I was writing everything down.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
Not when your told to in work time learner by your bossthemailman wrote:You can be conducted for taking pics of barcodes.Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
And said boss if the s**t were to hit the fan about taking photos of the barcodes would if it's not been put signed, in writing would just deny giving that instructionSmith1212 wrote:Not when your told to in work time learner by your bossthemailman wrote:You can be conducted for taking pics of barcodes.Smith1212 wrote:Take photos then scan them on pda when back to the van it’s so annoying!
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
Yeah 60 other workers got the same message so I don’t think you could really deny it
-
A2B
- Posts: 2029
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
You've got to be mad using your personal phone to cover RMs shortcomings
-
Dave3456
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 22 Feb 2014, 07:46
- Gender: Male
Pda shortage
Yep same in our DO .short on pdas. Told to forget about 2ds And delivered scanned just make sure tracked items are clear on epod cards .. Oh and try not to cut off .lol