ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dog bite fiasco
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
Colleague had a nasty bite last week,now signed off sick by gp,as predicted boss is being an arse and spoke to the “powers that be”and wants him to work in the callers office!? Mmmmmmm that’s not going to happen,he’s just trying it on as usual,anybody had grief re dog bite from this ever so caring company? any advice to separate managerial fiction from employee fact,many thanks
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
I “believe” they don’t like you having time off for a dog bite because they can’t use the absence for the purposes of issuing stages as per the attendance procedure.
Nice eh.
Nice eh.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
Priceless mate!,after 36 years I dispair with company,brainwashed managers scared of going over budget,etc,and not being allowed to run the office his way,sad state,and not funnyLaggyBand wrote:I “believe” they don’t like you having time off for a dog bite because they can’t use the absence for the purposes of issuing stages as per the attendance procedure.
Nice eh.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Dog bite fiasco
Yes I got bitten,and they couldnt give a toss.I reported it,but as usual I am sure that it got brushed under the carpet,as it used to when it happened to others.robbertwhitton wrote:Colleague had a nasty bite last week,now signed off sick by gp,as predicted boss is being an arse and spoke to the “powers that be”and wants him to work in the callers office!? Mmmmmmm that’s not going to happen,he’s just trying it on as usual,anybody had grief re dog bite from this ever so caring company? any advice to separate managerial fiction from employee fact,many thanks
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
LaggyBand wrote:I “believe” they don’t like you having time off for a dog bite because they can’t use the absence for the purposes of issuing stages as per the attendance procedure.
Nice eh.
Often they do though because what the company sometimes does is send in a rookie manager with the aim of forcing them to give the postie a stage regardless. Always best to have a good rep available in the back to work interview.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
And there was me thinking that all the hype when it’s”dog awareness week” would stand us in good stead should you get bitten,and the process would run smoothly and the would back you to the hilt and give you there full support etc etc etc,I’m thinking that isn’t the case,union is involved so we wait and we wonder,but as ever I feel the worst and that can’t be right,
-
ArthurPewty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
If they give him a hard time he should go back to his GP and get signed off secondary to the bite with trauma and stress, over the bite, and subsequent harassment and lack of support from the DOM.
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
It’s a joke isn’t it..
I got bit when i first started, reported it straight away and carried on and just presumed the Dom would turn up being trained as a first aider ofcourse to assess whether I’m ok and that’s id be ok the carry etc..
But nah, no sign of him and he had gone home when I got back to the office and I still have a massive scar on me leg that’ll still be there long afternoon I leave.
Care as much about this company as they do you it’s no wonder it’s going downhill fast.
I got bit when i first started, reported it straight away and carried on and just presumed the Dom would turn up being trained as a first aider ofcourse to assess whether I’m ok and that’s id be ok the carry etc..
But nah, no sign of him and he had gone home when I got back to the office and I still have a massive scar on me leg that’ll still be there long afternoon I leave.
Care as much about this company as they do you it’s no wonder it’s going downhill fast.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
The Awareness they try to instill in you during Dog Awaremess Week is about how much s**t you will catch if you get bitten and it impacts on your ability to do the job. I have been bitten several times and the last time it was my own fault for not having a third eye up my arsehole to see the approaching border collie before it tried to rip my taint out.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Marrin3086
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 06 Apr 2012, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Dog bite fiasco
Im currently off work due to dog attack last week and yesterday was getting harassed by management to go into work to do d2d and do risk assessment,they even suggested coming to my house to do risk assessment.
Also tomorrow, management are ringing me to discuss a couple of things as there are complications.
Anyone else had this much hassle? Safe to say area union rep are involved.
Also tomorrow, management are ringing me to discuss a couple of things as there are complications.
Anyone else had this much hassle? Safe to say area union rep are involved.
-
antcpfc
- Posts: 629
- Joined: 18 Sep 2007, 17:25
Dog bite fiasco
When I was bitten by a bloody great mastiff that grabbed my arm I was off for three weeks. The manager told me that I needed an interview to see whether a stage 1 was to be issued . I told her to do what she wanted but I was not playing stupid games with RM after thirty plus years and was not being interviewed about an incident that she actually attended after being called by the dog owners neighbour.robbertwhitton wrote:Priceless mate!,after 36 years I dispair with company,brainwashed managers scared of going over budget,etc,and not being allowed to run the office his way,sad state,and not funnyLaggyBand wrote:I “believe” they don’t like you having time off for a dog bite because they can’t use the absence for the purposes of issuing stages as per the attendance procedure.
Nice eh.
She issued nothing.
Slider tool. Lol.