ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
-
Pancake123
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
- Gender: Female
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
You owe the time so pay it back
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
Ignore this person they are a troll.mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:You owe the time so pay it back
No you owe nothing, you will still be paid your 24hrs
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
Did you include in your calculations the 30 minute paid meal relief you are entitled to each day on a 6 hour day?Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Pancake123
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
- Gender: Female
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
I did,but only 20 min everyday (I was informed that as a part timer I am entitled to have 20 min break everyday )clashcityrocker wrote:Did you include in your calculations the 30 minute paid meal relief you are entitled to each day on a 6 hour day?Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
How did you end up working less? Did you just walk out before your finish time?
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
No, don't worry about it. I get paid till 2:30 and went at 1 Tuesday, if you're allowed to go you go.Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
Not a problem for you to worry about Pancake. What do you think happens to the same old individuals in your DO that go home an hour early ever day? It's up to your Manager to give you enough work to fill your contracted hours. Some days you may finish early.... in theory he could give you some more work when you come back, but that's a rare occurence.Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
You'll get a feel for your DO and how it works. Ask someone that's been there longer how it works. Be aware that there is no agreement with the CWU to "Bank Hours" which is what you are suggesting. The manager cannot say, "You finished early last week... you owe me 1.5 hours this week"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
I was just wondering how you managed to finish early this week! It’s been manic, I don’t think anyone in our office has finished early this week. LolPancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
-
neilgg
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
That's what management seem to say to part timers whatever their daily hours but between 5 and 7 a day is 30 minutes.Pancake123 wrote:I did,but only 20 min everyday (I was informed that as a part timer I am entitled to have 20 min break everyday )clashcityrocker wrote:Did you include in your calculations the 30 minute paid meal relief you are entitled to each day on a 6 hour day?Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
At our place part timers think it's 20 minutes but even when told it's 30 most still seem to ignore it as far as I can see as well as starting early.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
and your credibility reaches a new lowmattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:You owe the time so pay it back
PS may I suggest reading the rules regarding disruptive posters.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:and your credibility reaches a new lowmattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:You owe the time so pay it back![]()
![]()
PS may I suggest reading the rules regarding disruptive posters.
Totally agree - can you bar this creep?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
Did you have your breaks?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
I'm also puzzled and gobsmacked that you've managed to finish early this week, especially as I'm guessing you're a relatively inexperienced new starter?!?
Is everyone in your office finishing on their time/early this week?
Everyone in my office is going around 1-2 hours over just to complete.
Is everyone in your office finishing on their time/early this week?
Everyone in my office is going around 1-2 hours over just to complete.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.
I think you may be ok, its not like a zero hour contract where you would essentially log and book each hour worked where if you claimed 24 hours for 22 hours work you would be the one at fault.
You have a 24 hour contract therefore RM have to pay and provide you 24 hours of work every week. if they dont do that then they are the ones breaching the contract, if for example they only give you 22 hours of work in a week as thats all they need from you, then they still have to honour 24 hours of pay.
https://www.deferolaw.com/contracted-ho ... being-met/
You have a 24 hour contract therefore RM have to pay and provide you 24 hours of work every week. if they dont do that then they are the ones breaching the contract, if for example they only give you 22 hours of work in a week as thats all they need from you, then they still have to honour 24 hours of pay.
https://www.deferolaw.com/contracted-ho ... being-met/