ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8879
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by blue1873 »

Officially left Royal Mail last week after almost thirty one years service.
No more clock watching for me ........Retired :nana :nana :nana :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
Would hate to be coming into the job now given how it was when i started back in the last
century.Best wishes for the future to everyone in the job. :wave
gunho
Posts: 59
Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by gunho »

Like myself you’ve seen the job change dramatically for all the wrong reasons. Enjoy your retirement
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by Seymour Buts »

Good luck!
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by Bahia Feliz »

You lucky b'stad :left:
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Thats a nice Christmas Present.... Bet they asked you if you'd like to come in over Christmas.... "Just to help us out" Enjoy your Retirement. :Applause
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by hothothot »

Good luck on your retirement , I left 6 months ago , Don't miss the job at all.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by rubberbond »

hothothot wrote:Good luck on your retirement , I left 6 months ago , Don't miss the job at all.
So why are you on here, may one be so bold as to ask?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by aiden01 »

rubberbond wrote:
hothothot wrote:Good luck on your retirement , I left 6 months ago , Don't miss the job at all.
So why are you on here, may one be so bold as to ask?
Why not..
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by hothothot »

What's wrong with wishing somebody a happy retirement.
farstrider
Posts: 41
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 17:45
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by farstrider »

enjoy youre free time :Applause
stroller
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by stroller »

blue1873

Did you take EVR or did you get to retirement age?
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8879
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by blue1873 »

stroller wrote:blue1873

Did you take EVR or did you get to retirement age?
Both, was offered an EVR package in April six months before my sixty-fifth birthday
which i accepted and was only finalised in late November (long story behind it) just
over a month after i qualified for my state pension. :thumbup
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by baldrick »

Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement! It's good to be off the treadmill. :Very Happy
stroller
Posts: 127
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:31
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by stroller »

Sounds like you got a result getting paid off with EVR as well, enjoy your retirement
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Happy Days....I'm Out.

Post by rubberbond »

hothothot wrote:What's wrong with wishing somebody a happy retirement.
Nothing whatsoever indeed it's common courtesy.
My point was that if you've left the job, claim not to miss it , why bother keeping up to date on a site like this?