ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pancake123
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
Gender: Female

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Pancake123 »

Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
mattjo1@talktalk.net
Posts: 93
Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by mattjo1@talktalk.net »

You owe the time so pay it back
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by number one »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:You owe the time so pay it back
Ignore this person they are a troll.

No you owe nothing, you will still be paid your 24hrs
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by clashcityrocker »

Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Did you include in your calculations the 30 minute paid meal relief you are entitled to each day on a 6 hour day?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Pancake123
Posts: 34
Joined: 06 Nov 2018, 06:58
Gender: Female

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Pancake123 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Did you include in your calculations the 30 minute paid meal relief you are entitled to each day on a 6 hour day?
I did,but only 20 min everyday (I was informed that as a part timer I am entitled to have 20 min break everyday )
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by picture123 »

How did you end up working less? Did you just walk out before your finish time?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Seymour Buts »

Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
No, don't worry about it. I get paid till 2:30 and went at 1 Tuesday, if you're allowed to go you go.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
Not a problem for you to worry about Pancake. What do you think happens to the same old individuals in your DO that go home an hour early ever day? It's up to your Manager to give you enough work to fill your contracted hours. Some days you may finish early.... in theory he could give you some more work when you come back, but that's a rare occurence.

You'll get a feel for your DO and how it works. Ask someone that's been there longer how it works. Be aware that there is no agreement with the CWU to "Bank Hours" which is what you are suggesting. The manager cannot say, "You finished early last week... you owe me 1.5 hours this week"! :no no Find out who your Union Rep is and join the CWU. You will then have someone to stand up for you, and give advice, if you get into trouble. However you've done well to come on here as you'll probably get as much advice as you would from your Rep. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by joewyan »

Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Do they gonna ask me to come earlier next week because 1,5 h is missing?
If yes,can I refuse?
How does it works?
I was just wondering how you managed to finish early this week! It’s been manic, I don’t think anyone in our office has finished early this week. Lol
neilgg
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 12:38
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by neilgg »

Pancake123 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
Pancake123 wrote:Hello,
Quick questions to you guys.
My contract says 24 hours 4 days a week.
This week I did about 22,5 h.
Did you include in your calculations the 30 minute paid meal relief you are entitled to each day on a 6 hour day?
I did,but only 20 min everyday (I was informed that as a part timer I am entitled to have 20 min break everyday )
That's what management seem to say to part timers whatever their daily hours but between 5 and 7 a day is 30 minutes.
At our place part timers think it's 20 minutes but even when told it's 30 most still seem to ignore it as far as I can see as well as starting early.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:You owe the time so pay it back
and your credibility reaches a new low :crazy: :crazy:

PS may I suggest reading the rules regarding disruptive posters.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
azza30
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 112
Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
Gender: Male
Location: Eternal Misery

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by azza30 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:You owe the time so pay it back
and your credibility reaches a new low :crazy: :crazy:

PS may I suggest reading the rules regarding disruptive posters.

Totally agree - can you bar this creep?
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Interested-seeker »

Did you have your breaks?
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by wacko74 »

I'm also puzzled and gobsmacked that you've managed to finish early this week, especially as I'm guessing you're a relatively inexperienced new starter?!?

Is everyone in your office finishing on their time/early this week?

Everyone in my office is going around 1-2 hours over just to complete.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

24 hours contract but I did less hours this week.

Post by Postie45 »

I think you may be ok, its not like a zero hour contract where you would essentially log and book each hour worked where if you claimed 24 hours for 22 hours work you would be the one at fault.
You have a 24 hour contract therefore RM have to pay and provide you 24 hours of work every week. if they dont do that then they are the ones breaching the contract, if for example they only give you 22 hours of work in a week as thats all they need from you, then they still have to honour 24 hours of pay.

https://www.deferolaw.com/contracted-ho ... being-met/