ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Free d2d opt out
-
Pathfinder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 17 Aug 2015, 13:50
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/royal- ... ee-3125583" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We can’t be doing that bad?
Also, some great comments on there
We can’t be doing that bad?
Also, some great comments on there
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Some nice comments but a fair few grumbling people too.
The Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert site also has details and I think links for the RM D2D opt out. I think probably more than 90% of people don't know they can opt out of them or how long the opt out lasts. There were a few people commenting on that other site that they like the D2Ds .
The Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert site also has details and I think links for the RM D2D opt out. I think probably more than 90% of people don't know they can opt out of them or how long the opt out lasts. There were a few people commenting on that other site that they like the D2Ds .
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Trouble is if too many people opt out of D2Ds then RM are bound to look at cutting hours out of DOs and maybe making all walks longerCelgar wrote:Some nice comments but a fair few grumbling people too.
The Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert site also has details and I think links for the RM D2D opt out. I think probably more than 90% of people don't know they can opt out of them or how long the opt out lasts. There were a few people commenting on that other site that they like the D2Ds .
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Since most 'junk' mail is addressed, it's only stopping door to doors isn't it. Something else for us to think about, which house needs d2d , which doesn't. What happens when someone moves house, does it automatically start getting d2d again, what if it's a partial move?
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Lots of misinformation there, junk mail and d2ds getting mixed up. Even one postie telling them he gets paid to deliver them.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Free d2d opt out
He doesn't do them for freeBiker Mouse wrote:Lots of misinformation there, junk mail and d2ds getting mixed up. Even one postie telling them he gets paid to deliver them.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Somebody recieved a kfc bucket with chicken in it according to thatPathfinder wrote:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/royal- ... ee-3125583
We can’t be doing that bad?
Also, some great comments on there
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Not good for the business that's the reality.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
honestly, losing d2d wouldnt be an issue if RM didnt have its hands tied by DSA. Again this is the real problem issue RM has, i think if RM did start to become financially crippled the regulation on DSA would be lifted to keep RM afloat.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Some people are being a bit short-sighted with the Households situation. The money RM make from the Households Contracts (which is considerable) helps to subsidise the delivery of other types of mail.... i.e birthday cards, anniversary cards, post cards from friends, letters from Grannie (the stuff we do want). Do your customers, or indeed you, believe that RM is going to keep all us 100,000 posties in Employment just to deliver such mail? Like it or not Households help to protect our jobs 
I cannot understand what the big grumble is about Households. Treat them like "Live" Mail, because that is what they are, and that is how RM see them. Customers pay thousands to have us deliver their advertising (and remember the customer is the person paying for the Delivery of whatever.... NOT the person recieving it). If you are prepping Households in RM's time (not doing it once you've finished on Saturday in your time, or God Forbid coming in on your day off, or returning early from Holiday to do it..... all of which happens in my DO
) then you are going to recieve an hour, or two, wages for it say £11-£22. Add that to your Delivery Supplement = £36ish and it doesn't look so bad. You then have to factor in the extra time it might take you to deliver them to any houses that don't have mail, using your common sense, non of use are going to trapse up a long driveway with just households, but if it's a block of flats...... maybe.
Royal Mail should be paying for ALL Royal Mail work, this includes the Preperation & Delivery of Households.... AND any Overtime incurred by the Pressure of extra mail (including 6 Plus Households a week). If you are prepping in your own time, not taking your meal relief or doing overtime without claiming.... Then I can understand you not wanting Households in your workload (and I'll give a vote of sympathy for those poor buggers with the majority of their frame Double Slotted
), however if you're unhappy simply because you can't finish early then you're being unrealistic...... RM want all hours utilised with RM work. You always have the opportunity to finish on time, and that's been discussed elsewhere. 
I cannot understand what the big grumble is about Households. Treat them like "Live" Mail, because that is what they are, and that is how RM see them. Customers pay thousands to have us deliver their advertising (and remember the customer is the person paying for the Delivery of whatever.... NOT the person recieving it). If you are prepping Households in RM's time (not doing it once you've finished on Saturday in your time, or God Forbid coming in on your day off, or returning early from Holiday to do it..... all of which happens in my DO
Royal Mail should be paying for ALL Royal Mail work, this includes the Preperation & Delivery of Households.... AND any Overtime incurred by the Pressure of extra mail (including 6 Plus Households a week). If you are prepping in your own time, not taking your meal relief or doing overtime without claiming.... Then I can understand you not wanting Households in your workload (and I'll give a vote of sympathy for those poor buggers with the majority of their frame Double Slotted
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Stamped mail has dropped massively over the last few years, during Xmas pressure a few years ago we'd had our CFCs all running for a good amount of time each night shift, now it's not really worth running any of them on the night shift
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Most of us still have enough work to keep us busy, I can assure you SP. There are enough catalogues, brochures, DSA... AND HOUSEHOLDS..... to keep us busy. Admitedly we may not get a lot of stamped addressed mail but as we all know Parcels are on the increase. I'll argue with anyone that parcels cannot be delivered as quickly as letters, which is what we were originally told. You factor in Delivery to Safe Places & Neighbours (and the time it takes filling in the PDA screens and perhaps leaving 739s) and it manages to fill the day. Households help to "Fill" that day as well, and that's the way I look at them.
Some Posties are still trying to carve the day up, cut as many corners as possible and TRY to finish as early as they can. IMO this is "Yesterdays Thinking", Knock & Finish is a thing of the past. I believe we must now show RM how much work still exists within the Delivery System, and make sure they are paying everyone for the work they do! Not just the Blue Eyed Boys & Brown Nosers.
With the PDA actuals RM are for probably the first time in our history able to get an accurate picture of how much work Posties actually do, and how long it takes us to deliver it. Why would anyone be trying to cut corners and give the impression they haven't got enough work to do?
Some Posties are still trying to carve the day up, cut as many corners as possible and TRY to finish as early as they can. IMO this is "Yesterdays Thinking", Knock & Finish is a thing of the past. I believe we must now show RM how much work still exists within the Delivery System, and make sure they are paying everyone for the work they do! Not just the Blue Eyed Boys & Brown Nosers.
With the PDA actuals RM are for probably the first time in our history able to get an accurate picture of how much work Posties actually do, and how long it takes us to deliver it. Why would anyone be trying to cut corners and give the impression they haven't got enough work to do?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
Agree with most of this although the bits I've highlighted in bold I'm not entirely sure of.Dorset Plodder wrote:Some people are being a bit short-sighted with the Households situation. The money RM make from the Households Contracts (which is considerable) helps to subsidise the delivery of other types of mail.... i.e birthday cards, anniversary cards, post cards from friends, letters from Grannie (the stuff we do want). Do your customers, or indeed you, believe that RM is going to keep all us 100,000 posties in Employment just to deliver such mail? Like it or not Households help to protect our jobs
I cannot understand what the big grumble is about Households. Treat them like "Live" Mail, because that is what they are, and that is how RM see them. Customers pay thousands to have us deliver their advertising (and remember the customer is the person paying for the Delivery of whatever.... NOT the person recieving it). If you are prepping Households in RM's time (not doing it once you've finished on Saturday in your time, or God Forbid coming in on your day off, or returning early from Holiday to do it..... all of which happens in my DO) then you are going to recieve an hour, or two, wages for it say £11-£22. Add that to your Delivery Supplement = £36ish and it doesn't look so bad. You then have to factor in the extra time it might take you to deliver them to any houses that don't have mail, using your common sense, non of use are going to trapse up a long driveway with just households, but if it's a block of flats...... maybe.
![]()
Royal Mail should be paying for ALL Royal Mail work, this includes the Preperation & Delivery of Households.... AND any Overtime incurred by the Pressure of extra mail (including 6 Plus Households a week). If you are prepping in your own time, not taking your meal relief or doing overtime without claiming.... Then I can understand you not wanting Households in your workload (and I'll give a vote of sympathy for those poor buggers with the majority of their frame Double Slotted), however if you're unhappy simply because you can't finish early then you're being unrealistic...... RM want all hours utilised with RM work. You always have the opportunity to finish on time, and that's been discussed elsewhere.
The delivery/shift supplement is nothing to do with D2D so is entirely irrelevant to the discussion.
Some of us do traipse up long driveways with a D2D due to management insistence that we clear 1/6 a day and their refusal to allow us to use our own initiative - not the same in every office I'm sure. It does however support your argument. If they want to pay me to do that single D2D then I'm quite happy to - workload goes up, amount I can complete goes down. It's no skin off my nose what they want me to do with my paid hours
Both me and my vanshare partner have majority double slot frames. It's just easier to clear that day's work than write numbers on leaflets and fiddle about prepping and bundling around them every day. Again, makes no odds to me if we can't get done on time.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
A bit difficult to see which bits you'd highlighted in Bold CS .... because I highlight in Bold as well.... Try changing the Font Colour next time mate.CharlesSpooner wrote:
Agree with most of this although the bits I've highlighted in bold I'm not entirely sure of.
The delivery/shift supplement is nothing to do with D2D so is entirely irrelevant to the discussion.
Some of us do traipse up long driveways with a D2D due to management insistence that we clear 1/6 a day and their refusal to allow us to use our own initiative - not the same in every office I'm sure. It does however support your argument. If they want to pay me to do that single D2D then I'm quite happy to - workload goes up, amount I can complete goes down. It's no skin off my nose what they want me to do with my paid hours![]()
Both me and my vanshare partner have majority double slot frames. It's just easier to clear that day's work than write numbers on leaflets and fiddle about prepping and bundling around them every day. Again, makes no odds to me if we can't get done on time.
I'm glad you, and your partner, have accepted the need to simply "Work Properly" and not try and cut corners.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Free d2d opt out
afaik there's no cap on the number of D2D for a given weekDorset Plodder wrote:A bit difficult to see which bits you'd highlighted in Bold CS .... because I highlight in Bold as well.... Try changing the Font Colour next time mate.CharlesSpooner wrote:
Agree with most of this although the bits I've highlighted in bold I'm not entirely sure of.
The delivery/shift supplement is nothing to do with D2D so is entirely irrelevant to the discussion.
Some of us do traipse up long driveways with a D2D due to management insistence that we clear 1/6 a day and their refusal to allow us to use our own initiative - not the same in every office I'm sure. It does however support your argument. If they want to pay me to do that single D2D then I'm quite happy to - workload goes up, amount I can complete goes down. It's no skin off my nose what they want me to do with my paid hours![]()
Both me and my vanshare partner have majority double slot frames. It's just easier to clear that day's work than write numbers on leaflets and fiddle about prepping and bundling around them every day. Again, makes no odds to me if we can't get done on time.What do you believe the Delivery Supplement is for then? I've always assumed it was for our Agreement to delivery up to 6 Households a week. TBH I preferred the "Old" system of D2D payments where you got paid per item, and often more for things like local papers. I often made up to £80 a week. I also believe it was fairer as it Financially rewarded those who had 600 Town delivery Points over those who only had 300 Rural delivery Points.
I'm glad you, and your partner, have accepted the need to simply "Work Properly" and not try and cut corners.Your system for delivering double slotted Households make good sense. I hate it when the Reserve leaves Households in a Double slot.... Which one then Dickhead.... you were going there why not take both? We're given a bit more leeway over prepping & delivering Households..... provided they're all done by the end of the week we can please ourselves how we do them.