ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Shoes

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rapidryan88
Posts: 167
Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by Rapidryan88 »

As a new starter do you have an allocation of 2 pairs of shoes? I’m sure it said that when I first logged on but months later I’ve logged back in and it’s saying allocation is 1
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by Trail »

I had five pairs of RM shoes in two years, three lots of CATs which were sh*t, some Magnum ones which were f*cking awful, two pairs.

I resorted to using Nike Revolution 2 trainers. They didn't make me look like a complete c*nt (as RM shoes did) and they were a hell of a lot more comfortable.
midegarelu
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 414
Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Shoes

Post by midegarelu »

Rapidryan88 wrote:As a new starter do you have an allocation of 2 pairs of shoes? I’m sure it said that when I first logged on but months later I’ve logged back in and it’s saying allocation is 1


Allocation is 2 pairs per calendar year.

If you are wearing 1 pair then your remaining allocation is 1 pair.
"We employ you so we can sack you"
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by Celgar »

Aside from the allocation rule if your RM footwear is worn out or falling apart at the seams just show them to your DOM and they will order you a new pair.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by WhiteMoses »

Hi. I'm with RM since August. I ordered when I started a pair of shoes ( black and red) don't know their name.Very good shoes. No problem with them whatsoever. But for the last 3 weeks I've been doing around 10 to 12 hours almost 6 days/week. I asked to my manager if I can order another pair of shoes just to alternate between them 2.( Explaining that I'm doing alot of hours wearing same shoes every day ) Himself ordered a new pair of magnum boots . happy days
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by Trail »

WhiteMoses wrote:Hi. I'm with RM since August. I ordered when I started a pair of shoes ( black and red) don't know their name.Very good shoes. No problem with them whatsoever. But for the last 3 weeks I've been doing around 10 to 12 hours almost 6 days/week. I asked to my manager if I can order another pair of shoes just to alternate between them 2.( Explaining that I'm doing alot of hours wearing same shoes every day ) Himself ordered a new pair of magnum boots . happy days
Magnum shoes are awful.

Get yourself a pair of decent Nike Revolution 2 shoes and skip around your duty.

RM give you CAT and Magnum, they're work boots, not fit for walking a half marathon each day.
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by WhiteMoses »

I have seen in my DO that not all the posties wear the safety shoes from RM. I need something from my doctor or simply just go with my shoes( on my Christmas list -Nike revolution)
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Shoes

Post by Trail »

midegarelu wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:As a new starter do you have an allocation of 2 pairs of shoes? I’m sure it said that when I first logged on but months later I’ve logged back in and it’s saying allocation is 1


Allocation is 2 pairs per calendar year.

If you are wearing 1 pair then your remaining allocation is 1 pair.
I managed to buck the system.

Probably due to my strikingly good looks, charisma, intelligence and fuckability.