ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturday before Christmas - will my rota'd day off be honoured?
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Saturday before Christmas - will my rota'd day off be honoured?
Hi, I'm scheduled for my rest day to fall on Saturday 22nd of December - is there any way that RM will try and move it? I've not been able to do any OT for a while now so I wouldn't have been working my days off anyway. Thanks.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Saturday before Christmas - will my rota'd day off be honoured?
Just tell them you have made plans and seeing family. There was whispers of me being moved for Christmas and my day off fell on the 26th. I was ready to tell then I can't change my day off, but since found out I'm not getting moved now.themailman wrote:Hi, I'm scheduled for my rest day to fall on Saturday 22nd of December - is there any way that RM will try and move it? I've not been able to do any OT for a while now so I wouldn't have been working my days off anyway. Thanks.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Saturday before Christmas - will my rota'd day off be honoured?
Yeah, I actually have made plans like you say.CPTNemoUK wrote:Just tell them you have made plans and seeing family. There was whispers of me being moved for Christmas and my day off fell on the 26th. I was ready to tell then I can't change my day off, but since found out I'm not getting moved now.themailman wrote:Hi, I'm scheduled for my rest day to fall on Saturday 22nd of December - is there any way that RM will try and move it? I've not been able to do any OT for a while now so I wouldn't have been working my days off anyway. Thanks.
I can't see how it could be justified, given that every day leading up to Christmas will be the exact same in terms of how busy it is. With so many people in my office not working days off etc this year, it would seem the fairest way of doing it would be to just keep the rota.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Saturday before Christmas - will my rota'd day off be honoured?
If your office has a desperate staffing shortage you may be ASKED to work it (or change it for operational reasons !) However I believe you are under no obligation to do either ???
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Saturday before Christmas - will my rota'd day off be honoured?
Oh, I know they will ask me to work it, but given that I am unable to do overtime then the answer will be no.Decky Boy wrote:If your office has a desperate staffing shortage you may be ASKED to work it (or change it for operational reasons !) However I believe you are under no obligation to do either ???
I suppose that it's handy that it's the last day of the week, as when I do Mon-Fri, they simply HAVE to give me that day off as there are no others to choose from.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Saturday before Christmas - will my rota'd day off be honoured?
If that's yer day off that week, it's yer day off. They can't change it. If you work longs and shorts, you have to keep the rotating day off for the weeks to add up to 38 hrs each.