ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Shoes
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Shoes
I had five pairs of RM shoes in two years, three lots of CATs which were sh*t, some Magnum ones which were f*cking awful, two pairs.
I resorted to using Nike Revolution 2 trainers. They didn't make me look like a complete c*nt (as RM shoes did) and they were a hell of a lot more comfortable.
I resorted to using Nike Revolution 2 trainers. They didn't make me look like a complete c*nt (as RM shoes did) and they were a hell of a lot more comfortable.
-
midegarelu
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 414
- Joined: 12 Sep 2009, 07:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: somewhere over the rainbow
Shoes
Rapidryan88 wrote:As a new starter do you have an allocation of 2 pairs of shoes? I’m sure it said that when I first logged on but months later I’ve logged back in and it’s saying allocation is 1
Allocation is 2 pairs per calendar year.
If you are wearing 1 pair then your remaining allocation is 1 pair.
"We employ you so we can sack you"
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Shoes
Aside from the allocation rule if your RM footwear is worn out or falling apart at the seams just show them to your DOM and they will order you a new pair.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
WhiteMoses
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Shoes
Hi. I'm with RM since August. I ordered when I started a pair of shoes ( black and red) don't know their name.Very good shoes. No problem with them whatsoever. But for the last 3 weeks I've been doing around 10 to 12 hours almost 6 days/week. I asked to my manager if I can order another pair of shoes just to alternate between them 2.( Explaining that I'm doing alot of hours wearing same shoes every day ) Himself ordered a new pair of magnum boots . happy days
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Shoes
Magnum shoes are awful.WhiteMoses wrote:Hi. I'm with RM since August. I ordered when I started a pair of shoes ( black and red) don't know their name.Very good shoes. No problem with them whatsoever. But for the last 3 weeks I've been doing around 10 to 12 hours almost 6 days/week. I asked to my manager if I can order another pair of shoes just to alternate between them 2.( Explaining that I'm doing alot of hours wearing same shoes every day ) Himself ordered a new pair of magnum boots . happy days
Get yourself a pair of decent Nike Revolution 2 shoes and skip around your duty.
RM give you CAT and Magnum, they're work boots, not fit for walking a half marathon each day.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Shoes
I managed to buck the system.midegarelu wrote:Rapidryan88 wrote:As a new starter do you have an allocation of 2 pairs of shoes? I’m sure it said that when I first logged on but months later I’ve logged back in and it’s saying allocation is 1
Allocation is 2 pairs per calendar year.
If you are wearing 1 pair then your remaining allocation is 1 pair.
Probably due to my strikingly good looks, charisma, intelligence and fuckability.