Dear All,
I'm a 25 hour part timer, reserve. Mon - Sat, 5 days a week.
When I first started we knew on the Thurs what day off we would get next week. Recently though, we've not been told 'til the Saturday! I had ago at the DUMB and DUMBER
in the office.
But is there a definitive guidance or an agreement in place regarding this? I'm sure I have seen something regarding 6 weeks in advance. Any knowledgable rep or God willing an honest DOM, or postie in an office where rules are stuck to would be great who have an answer would be much appreciated.
I mean, what the hell do i do about Christmas?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
-
azza30
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 09 Apr 2018, 14:48
- Gender: Male
- Location: Eternal Misery
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
6 weeksazza30 wrote:Dear All,
I'm a 25 hour part timer, reserve. Mon - Sat, 5 days a week.
When I first started we knew on the Thurs what day off we would get next week. Recently though, we've not been told 'til the Saturday! I had ago at the DUMB and DUMBER
in the office.
But is there a definitive guidance or an agreement in place regarding this? I'm sure I have seen something regarding 6 weeks in advance. Any knowledgable rep or God willing an honest DOM, or postie in an office where rules are stuck to would be great who have an answer would be much appreciated.
I mean, what the hell do i do about Christmas?
-
jd9442
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Apr 2017, 20:57
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
You got any official documentation for that incase I ever need to show the dum
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
If your DO is fully staffed or can make arrangements to cover all the duties then I see no reason for you not to receive advance warning of what you will be doing the following week. In our delivery office we have sheets up on the wall for all duties up until January I think. Not unusual for us to have the next ten or twelve weeks rotas up on the board for everyone to look at. AL list also on the board available to view.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
Everyone knows permanently what day off or Wallington week they are off regardless of duty in our office
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
find out on the monday if i should be in or not - annoying if your day off is monday.. 
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
Rota never goes up earlier than fri afternoon in our office, usually sat morning ... And yet they expect us to book our annual leave a full year in advance.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
Book for your time.leolion855 wrote:find out on the monday if i should be in or not - annoying if your day off is monday..
Our key holders get 3 hours if they are called out to sort out a problem outside of of operational hours.
That seems like a a reasonable amount to compensate for the hassle of dragging oneself out of bed and in to work for no other reason than management incompetence
-
broughts
- Posts: 334
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
National agreement says 3 wks worth of Rotas should be displayed but gd luck with that only do that in our office when it suits but it only affects the reserves who are treated like shite anyway
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
Normally the Thursday or Friday of the preceding week here
-
Blinkboy44
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 16:49
- Gender: Male
A definitive answer please - How much in advance should a rota be published?
We can always see 4 weeks in advance all of the Rotas