ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ringer21
Posts: 127
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by Ringer21 »

Still waiting for our annual leave to be sorted for next year missed out on most of the free child places and deals is there a deadline for holidays to be sorted or is it when the manager can be arsed doing them
ninja
Posts: 193
Joined: 08 Sep 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by ninja »

Covered in the way forward agreement.
Leave should be completed by end of October.
Ringer21
Posts: 127
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by Ringer21 »

Thanks for the reply I'll look into it tomorrow
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by SpacePhoenix »

ninja wrote:Covered in the way forward agreement.
Leave should be completed by end of October.
Never is and never has been
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by Celgar »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
ninja wrote:Covered in the way forward agreement.
Leave should be completed by end of October.
Never is and never has been
It is correct that all leave is meant to be sorted out by the end of October. We don't usually manage it in our DO but I think we did this year for a change.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
superports
Posts: 171
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by superports »

What if it's not sorted by end of October?
I'm sick of telling line manager it should be done, he just shrugs his shoulders and walks away. Union rep does the same.
I've emailed Cwu and haven't even had the decency of a reply. Starting to wonder why I pay subs.
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by chickenwittle »

superports wrote:What if it's not sorted by end of October?
I'm sick of telling line manager it should be done, he just shrugs his shoulders and walks away. Union rep does the same.
I've emailed Cwu and haven't even had the decency of a reply. Starting to wonder why I pay subs.
Book your holiday and tell manager they have to honour it as you couldn’t wait forever.Thats what happens in my office anyway.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by crimson king »

Ours isn't sorted yet either, but won't rock the boat as I got every pick I wanted last year in school holidays.

There is a lot wrong with my DO but the holiday process, although the second pick isn't done til after Christmas, worked out perfectly for me last year. So, if it's the same again, I'll take it!
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by FirstPost »

everyone at my office is still waiting, if its not sorted by Christmas i'll be booking my holiday and telling them I've done so
superports
Posts: 171
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 09:15
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by superports »

ninja wrote:Covered in the way forward agreement.
Leave should be completed by end of October.

Leave "should" be completed by end of October.

The key word here is "should". If it was "has to be" or "must be" we could wave the agreement at them, instead, the union have let us down a bucketful again.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Annual Leave 2019-2020

Post by 97gaz »

I