ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

No contract in the post.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bopper587
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 Jun 2018, 12:49
Gender: Male

No contract in the post.

Post by Bopper587 »

I'm due to start my day's training tomorrow. Before reporting to my depot the following day.

I was sent an email a week ago with the welcome letter etc. It said I'd receive 2 copies of my contract along with payroll details and a uniform order form etc. This is still to arrive and probably won't be tomorrow now obviously. Do they give you your contract at this training day along with the rest?

Slightly worried. Seems a bit unorganised.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

No contract in the post.

Post by hothothot »

If they sent it 1st class you will probably get it in two weeks time !!!!!!!
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

No contract in the post.

Post by Celgar »

I would not worry about it too much. I have been a postie for over twenty years and I'm not sure I have ever seen a physical contract with my name on it. I'm on the payroll and I do the work - nuff said.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

No contract in the post.

Post by GT85 »

Don't worry, it was about 3 months after starting that I received my contract.

Seems a bit unorganised

Yep, you thought that the recruitment process was bad just wait till you start working here :crazy:

Good luck
We're all here because we're not all there
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

No contract in the post.

Post by Postie45 »

Bopper587 wrote:Seems a bit unorganised.
Welcome to Royal Mail !
Glp28357
Posts: 85
Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
Gender: Male

No contract in the post.

Post by Glp28357 »

Postie45 wrote:
Bopper587 wrote:Seems a bit unorganised.
If you think that's disorganised, wait until you've been here a few months!