ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Courier - Defibrillators

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ArthurPewty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Dec 2016, 17:15
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by ArthurPewty »

I think the letter in todays Courier speaks volumes about this company. To paraphrase the answer to a question about having defibrillators in offices:
"We put one in the biggest offices, but the rest of you can take a hike if you ever need one. Anyway there's probably one in the local supermarket half a mile up the road so just waste 10 minutes fetching that one while the OP having the heart attack dies. PS the DOM can apply to BUY one if you're that fussed about a minor thing like life and death"
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by robbertwhitton »

Your spot on my friend,sums this company up,glad I finally don’t receive that courier anymore,finally after 3 attempts I finally got it stopped,pointing out that it bares no resemblance to my workplace what so ever,on that note I wonder how many units have a first aide? I’m guessing not everyone,we certainly don’t,
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by postslippete »

I think every large office with 100 workers or so should have one.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by miles_peters »

postslippete wrote:I think every large office with 100 workers or so should have one.
why only large offices?
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by Mobey »

And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by crimson king »

Mobey wrote:And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
I'd move my hand off their heart before using it.... :chuckle
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by Biker Mouse »

Mobey wrote:And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
They’re all automated now. Just put the pads on and the machine will do the business if required
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by Mobey »

crimson king wrote:
Mobey wrote:And how many people hand on heart would use it on someone if someone was to need it?
I'd move my hand off their heart before using it.... :chuckle
Pun intended! :nana

Exactly, it's down the machine to analyse the rhythm of the heart and advise if a shock is needed! It's not as scary as people think but not as successful as tv shows!
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by Interested-seeker »

It would be great if they could equip every office with one. I wouldn't mind being trained to use one.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by Mobey »

Interested-seeker wrote:It would be great if they could equip every office with one. I wouldn't mind being trained to use one.
I can send you unofficial training by PM if you want.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by robbertwhitton »

You simply open the lid and listen,it tells you want to do,
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Courier - Defibrillators

Post by Mobey »

Pretty much, but there's a few more things to be mindful of.