ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What you guys eat?!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by WhiteMoses »

I'm a big bloke ( 6ft.5) and when I became a postie in August I had 15 stone... yesterday I had 12.7 . I eat first thing in the morning before I go to work...at around 9ish I'm in the DO's canteen having a full English...at about 12:30 having my meal relief (2 big sandwiches + nuts and crisps) and on the way to my last loops I'll have another 2 ...3 snickers bars or whatever have with me that day. Finish work...a proper meal...at about 8 o'clock in the evenings another meal....and I'm still loosing weight . What you guys eat to maintain your weight? All the best
south London postie
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by south London postie »

From what I've seen of others, you generally lose weight in the first 3 months before your metabolism adjusts. You might then plateau for a little. tbh, around about now I would expect you to start gaining weight again. Pretty standard in this business from what I've seen.

As for food, in this job you literally are what you eat. Others will add their thoughts, I tend to think pasta in the evening usually helps the following day.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

What you guys eat?!

Post by Interested-seeker »

Lately, my diet has consisted of mostly chocolate................................................ :whistle :oops:
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by PHARRY »

WhiteMoses wrote:I'm a big bloke ( 6ft.5) and when I became a postie in August I had 15 stone... yesterday I had 12.7 . I eat first thing in the morning before I go to work...at around 9ish I'm in the DO's canteen having a full English...at about 12:30 having my meal relief (2 big sandwiches + nuts and crisps) and on the way to my last loops I'll have another 2 ...3 snickers bars or whatever have with me that day. Finish work...a proper meal...at about 8 o'clock in the evenings another meal....and I'm still loosing weight . What you guys eat to maintain your weight? All the best
Who ate all the pies you did you did you fat. B. lol.
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by WhiteMoses »

Pharry. :))) . Lol. I'm not at all fat . By bones are very heavy \•/ lol
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

What you guys eat?!

Post by Brandy »

PHARRY wrote:
WhiteMoses wrote:I'm a big bloke ( 6ft.5) and when I became a postie in August I had 15 stone... yesterday I had 12.7 . I eat first thing in the morning before I go to work...at around 9ish I'm in the DO's canteen having a full English...at about 12:30 having my meal relief (2 big sandwiches + nuts and crisps) and on the way to my last loops I'll have another 2 ...3 snickers bars or whatever have with me that day. Finish work...a proper meal...at about 8 o'clock in the evenings another meal....and I'm still loosing weight . What you guys eat to maintain your weight? All the best
Who ate all the pies you did you did you fat. B. lol.
My ex manager did! :nana
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by Seymour Buts »

Christ! I don't eat till my lunch at 2 :hmmmm
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by CPTNemoUK »

postietom wrote:Christ! I don't eat till my lunch at 2 :hmmmm
I'm the same. Very rarely I have breakfast. But 90% of the time I don't eat till I get home. But if I do have a breakfast I get more hungry in the day. :hmmmm
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by baldrick »

I remember a security guard at a firm I used to collect from saying he'd never seen a fat postie.
There are quite a number in the mcs though.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by Seymour Buts »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
postietom wrote:Christ! I don't eat till my lunch at 2 :hmmmm
I'm the same. Very rarely I have breakfast. But 90% of the time I don't eat till I get home. But if I do have a breakfast I get more hungry in the day. :hmmmm
Same. I simply don't understand how people throw chocolate, chrisps, sandwhiches ect ect at 8 or 9 in the morning like they do at our office. I'd be sick I think! There's something about breakfast starting your metabalism I think?
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by postmanzach »

Cookies and doughnuts this morning from the manager, nice
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by hothothot »

You can eat a hell of a lot when working as a postie's , but when you retire watch out otherwise you will turn into a 16 stone bloater like me ! :crazy:
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by crimson king »

Breakfast...Fried, salted and peppered Chestnut mushrooms and tomatoes with two eggs, served on wholemeal wrap with cottage cheese with Tabasco chipotle or salmon/ avocado on toasted rye bread spread with cottage cheese (for salmon) or marmite (for avocado).

Lunch ...three or four chicken breasts in wraps with picallii or roast beef in wrap with horseradish.

Then the wife's cooking for dinner ...

Followed by supper of prawns in wrap or cream of asparagus soup or chicken and rice.

Result? I'm built like a finely honed whippit :nana
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

What you guys eat?!

Post by clashcityrocker »

crimson king wrote:or marmite (for avocado).
Marmite and avocado?
Seriously?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

What you guys eat?!

Post by DrSatan »

crimson king wrote: Lunch ...three or four chicken breasts in wraps with picallii or roast beef in wrap with horseradish
Three or four whole breasts? Full chicken fillets? That's a whole lot!