ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lent out to another depot

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mgreen123
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Oct 2018, 06:31
Gender: Male

Lent out to another depot

Post by Mgreen123 »

If another depot is short staffed and I am sent there as cover. Whose responsibility is it to get me there. Do I go at my own expense ie my car or public transport, or is it royal mails responsibility to get me there in a van or to pay my public transport costs. Also whose hours would I work my depots or the new depots.
Thanks
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Lent out to another depot

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Mgreen123 wrote:If another depot is short staffed and I am sent there as cover. Whose responsibility is it to get me there. Do I go at my own expense ie my car or public transport, or is it royal mails responsibility to get me there in a van or to pay my public transport costs. Also whose hours would I work my depots or the new depots.
Thanks
The office your contracted to have to get you elsewhere & back within your duty time
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Lent out to another depot

Post by fb1969 »

Do not use your own vehicle unless you specifically have suitable insurance for commuting to different places - most policies only cover to and from a fixed place of work.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Lent out to another depot

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Never use your own vehicle , it then becomes too convenient to loan you out !
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Lent out to another depot

Post by joewyan »

Mgreen123 wrote:If another depot is short staffed and I am sent there as cover. Whose responsibility is it to get me there. Do I go at my own expense ie my car or public transport, or is it royal mails responsibility to get me there in a van or to pay my public transport costs. Also whose hours would I work my depots or the new depots.
Thanks
You start at your office at your contracted start time and need to be back at your office to finish at your finish time (unless you agree to work overtime) and it is RM responsibility to get you to and back from the other office.