ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by deristrong »

First proper cold day today. Wear what you like, even shorts. But your hands!! s**t. Fingerless are simply no good. Every year I'm on the Millets website.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by wacko74 »

Got some neoprene cycling gloves from Aldis, snipped the end of the index fingers off and they're fantastic, my hands actually felt too warm in them today.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by deristrong »

Cheers I'll look for them.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by world class male »

the ones RM supplied with those grips on are ok if not raining too
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by Smith1212 »

wacko74 wrote:Got some neoprene cycling gloves from Aldis, snipped the end of the index fingers off and they're fantastic, my hands actually felt too warm in them today.
Wow I so needed gloves today I’ll have to grab a pair are they in store ??
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by LaggyBand »

Problem with fingerless gloves is they don’t cover the fingers...

Blue dot gloves don’t actually keep your hands that warm as they “breathe” to easily (by design I’m sure)

I wear full finger gloves, once you get used to them they’re the warmest solution for sure..
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by panch1989 »

3 digit gloves are great. 3 fingerless and 2 full.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by Interested-seeker »

Thankfully it has not been that cold where I am yet so I haven't needed the gloves. But I should get some just incase.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by CPTNemoUK »

wacko74 wrote:Got some neoprene cycling gloves from Aldis, snipped the end of the index fingers off and they're fantastic, my hands actually felt too warm in them today.
You could of told me not to do that while I still had my hand in the glove :arrrghhh
Marshamp11
Posts: 437
Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by Marshamp11 »

Last year I wore a mechanic glove with fingerless glove on top on right hand and a winter motorcycle glove on my bundle holding left hand. Job done.
WhiteMoses
Posts: 27
Joined: 19 Sep 2018, 21:37
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by WhiteMoses »

Yesterday ..reading comments on this post...I realized I have brought from Aldis about 3 years ago some nice neoprene fishing gloves. And today I took them at work...as was -2 ° in the morning until about 11ish when was a bit mild( 1°) . Shorts on...Hat on...storm coat on...gloves on...I did first loop with them on...I don't like them...I'm not used to. So was better without...I will keep them in my backpack just in case...
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by grandypants »

I'm one of those strange people who don't feel the cold never have the need for gloves :crazy:
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

cold yet? s**t gloves.

Post by CPTNemoUK »

grandypants wrote:I'm one of those strange people who don't feel the cold never have the need for gloves :crazy:
That's because RM has sucked all the life out of you :left:
Back to topic the cold on its own doesn't really bother me. It's wen it raining also that's when I feel it. And glove are pointless then anyway because they get we through.