ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Light duties
-
boogyman
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Light duties
Sorry for question just need clarification on how this works....
If someone is on light duties how is it possible for them to work over time ? Surely if on light duties this means they should be doing less or up to a certain time. Not working OT
If someone is on light duties how is it possible for them to work over time ? Surely if on light duties this means they should be doing less or up to a certain time. Not working OT
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
Light duties
We had someone at our DO, on light duties but did overtime as they wanted staff out there and the guy knew he could milk it
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Light duties
that's just plain wrong that is. shouldn't be happening, end of.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Light duties
Light duties do not necessarily mean less work or fewer hours, it can also mean less physical labour.
For instance, if I was on light duties and they asked me to work in the book room and needed me to stay late, I'd be both on light duties and overtime.
For instance, if I was on light duties and they asked me to work in the book room and needed me to stay late, I'd be both on light duties and overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DrSatan
- Posts: 144
- Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
- Gender: Male
Light duties
Indoor or outdoor OT?
There has been people doing early IPS on OT in our office when on light duties.
If they are preventing you from getting some of that creamy docket then maybe you have a point to be annoyed.
Depends on the situation, if they have a problem with walking distances but can stand or sit then why shouldn't they be able to do indoor overtime?
There has been people doing early IPS on OT in our office when on light duties.
If they are preventing you from getting some of that creamy docket then maybe you have a point to be annoyed.
Depends on the situation, if they have a problem with walking distances but can stand or sit then why shouldn't they be able to do indoor overtime?
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Light duties
from that point of view I would agree. but not outdoor work. surely it defeats the objective,doing ''blue' outdoors when on lights.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Light duties do not necessarily mean less work or fewer hours, it can also mean less physical labour.
For instance, if I was on light duties and they asked me to work in the book room and needed me to stay late, I'd be both on light duties and overtime.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Light duties
If you are on light duties you cannot perform overtime.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Chalky13
- Posts: 155
- Joined: 10 Nov 2018, 05:29
- Gender: Male
Light duties
Guy was doing later van collections when on light duties
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Light duties
I'd agree outdoor overtime would be questionable if on light duties.daveyeff wrote:from that point of view I would agree. but not outdoor work. surely it defeats the objective,doing ''blue' outdoors when on lights.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Light duties do not necessarily mean less work or fewer hours, it can also mean less physical labour.
For instance, if I was on light duties and they asked me to work in the book room and needed me to stay late, I'd be both on light duties and overtime.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Light duties
thats how it works in mc's.clashcityrocker wrote:If you are on light duties you cannot perform overtime.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Light duties
So who’s right then, you or TBT??clashcityrocker wrote:If you are on light duties you cannot perform overtime.
-
jtshocka
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 22:15
- Gender: Male
Light duties
It's nobody's business if he's on light duties with overtime the manager must have seen a fit for work assessment to know his capabilities, under the data protection act he's intitled to privacy , to many know all in this job now
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Light duties
Maybe the question was purely academic, you may have wrongly assumed it was personal.jtshocka wrote:It's nobody's business if he's on light duties with overtime the manager must have seen a fit for work assessment to know his capabilities, under the data protection act he's intitled to privacy , to many know all in this job now
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Light duties
Might I suggest that there is a difference between what is genericly known in RM as 'light duties' and what might be prescribed on a fit note which is one of five options
1, Not fit for work (self explanatory)
2, a phased return to work (may mean fewer days or fewer hours to get back in to the swing of things)
3, altered hours. (Perhaps to avoid rush hours or tie in with medication times to reduce risk from drowsiness etc)
4, ammended duties. (Cannot do their regular job but could do something else productive, for example, someone with a foot injury probably cant do a full walking duty, but could perhaps do the caller's or oversized parcels)
5, workplace adaptations (maybe an adjustment to equipment or furniture height, adjustments to make the workplace accessible including toilets and kitchen area)
I would argue that the first two would clearly preclude someone from working OT.
The others probably not. We may refer to a colleague as being on 'Light Duties' but it really only means that they currently cannot do their usual job no reason they cannot do another job, and then a bit more of it on OT.
I hurt my foot a few years ago in the run up to Christmas, no way could I do a delivery but I could do sorting with the option to sit down when needed and the callers, again could sit down between customer. The DOM at the time and I agreed to change my working hours to cover the Xmas extended opening times, I was also on 3 days a week but worked the other 3 as OT to ensure cover all week.
Yes I was on 'light duties' but that just meant I needed to do another job for a bit, not that I was incapable of doing a full day's work and a bit more.
Of course every situaton is different and some people shouldn't/couldn't do any OT while on 'light duties'but it is a FIT note focused on what you can do, not a sick note focused on what you can't.
1, Not fit for work (self explanatory)
2, a phased return to work (may mean fewer days or fewer hours to get back in to the swing of things)
3, altered hours. (Perhaps to avoid rush hours or tie in with medication times to reduce risk from drowsiness etc)
4, ammended duties. (Cannot do their regular job but could do something else productive, for example, someone with a foot injury probably cant do a full walking duty, but could perhaps do the caller's or oversized parcels)
5, workplace adaptations (maybe an adjustment to equipment or furniture height, adjustments to make the workplace accessible including toilets and kitchen area)
I would argue that the first two would clearly preclude someone from working OT.
The others probably not. We may refer to a colleague as being on 'Light Duties' but it really only means that they currently cannot do their usual job no reason they cannot do another job, and then a bit more of it on OT.
I hurt my foot a few years ago in the run up to Christmas, no way could I do a delivery but I could do sorting with the option to sit down when needed and the callers, again could sit down between customer. The DOM at the time and I agreed to change my working hours to cover the Xmas extended opening times, I was also on 3 days a week but worked the other 3 as OT to ensure cover all week.
Yes I was on 'light duties' but that just meant I needed to do another job for a bit, not that I was incapable of doing a full day's work and a bit more.
Of course every situaton is different and some people shouldn't/couldn't do any OT while on 'light duties'but it is a FIT note focused on what you can do, not a sick note focused on what you can't.
-
pickles10
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Light duties
And how it works in DC's according to the union rep, goes against the spirit of the agreement apparentlyaiden01 wrote:thats how it works in mc's.clashcityrocker wrote:If you are on light duties you cannot perform overtime.