ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

All Time Low

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by grandypants »

I think our office has hit it with next weeks D2D,s a local Chinese chippy which was shut down cos of food poisoning has reopened and we are delivering the menu,s FFS whats this job coming to :thumbdown
Xr4
Posts: 107
Joined: 23 Apr 2016, 09:15
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by Xr4 »

What's the problem with that?
Would you prefer the aldi catalogue?
LaggyBand
Posts: 1065
Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by LaggyBand »

That would be about number 82 if it was in our list of problems. Your office sucks at sucking.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

All Time Low

Post by twoloops »

Morale in our office is electric, yesterday we where all singing, proper singing at the top of our voices, like being at a football match, did Oasis, Madness, Queen, Sinatra even Right Said Fred. I'm buzzing now can't wait to go in, might go in early :nana
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

All Time Low

Post by maisymoo04 »

be there in ten matty :nana :nana
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by robbertwhitton »

mattycash wrote:Morale in our office is electric, yesterday we where all singing, proper singing at the top of our voices, like being at a football match, did Oasis, Madness, Queen, Sinatra even Right Said Fred. I'm buzzing now can't wait to go in, might go in early :nana
Hats off to you my friend,is it that things are all ok within your office,or your just singing to hide the pain and sticking two fingers up to the management and system that’s a culture of fear?well done to you if that’s the case,we do try in our office,but it’s far from easy,we continually challenge the boss on issues ,sarcastically at times but with a serious side,and we will continue,it’s an up hill struggle to be fair,he seems to have his brief and has an answer to everything,I do feel sorry for him,it can’t be fun,but hey that’s his job to manage,he’s a nice guy but manager he aint
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

All Time Low

Post by mailroyaly »

Can I get a transfer please! We just argue & fight all morning!
Kesknight
Posts: 98
Joined: 11 Aug 2016, 22:00
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by Kesknight »

I've been a postman for over 30 years. Theres good and bad days like any other job, i've worked under 4 managers in that time and can honestly say i've never been bullied, hassled or treated unfairly in anyway. I work as a rest day cover which i chose to do. You just do your job and take the rough with the smooth.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by wacko74 »

Kesknight wrote:I've been a postman for over 30 years. Theres good and bad days like any other job, i've worked under 4 managers in that time and can honestly say i've never been bullied, hassled or treated unfairly in anyway. I work as a rest day cover which i chose to do. You just do your job and take the rough with the smooth.
Only 4 managers in 30 years?

I've only done 18 years yet I've lost track of the number of managers I've seen come and go, well in to double figures.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by Mobey »

I bet when the next catalogues and national trust magazines come out, it must be a doddle! :thumbup

:roll:
postmanzach
Posts: 515
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by postmanzach »

mattycash wrote:Morale in our office is electric, yesterday we where all singing, proper singing at the top of our voices, like being at a football match, did Oasis, Madness, Queen, Sinatra even Right Said Fred. I'm buzzing now can't wait to go in, might go in early :nana
I miss working in a loud office with all the singing and silly noises. The small office I work in now is tiny and quiet, some of the people working there reckon it’s too loud, They really have no idea.
Kesknight
Posts: 98
Joined: 11 Aug 2016, 22:00
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by Kesknight »

Mobey wrote:I bet when the next catalogues and national trust magazines come out, it must be a doddle! :thumbup

:roll:
When i first started we used to deliver phone books, i remember once we had yellow pages as a d2d. If you get anything heavy to carry on a shared van duty you just make smaller loops
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

All Time Low

Post by ewancurze »

Singing goes on in our office as well, it's when the "You don't know what you're doing" chant starts that the management start to get twitchy.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

All Time Low

Post by maisymoo04 »

:
ewancurze wrote:Singing goes on in our office as well, it's when the "You don't know what you're doing" chant starts that the management start to get twitchy.
hahahahaha :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

All Time Low

Post by maisymoo04 »

all we get is WHY IS HE DOING THIS AND THAT / HES GETTING OVERTIME FOR THAT AND FINISHED BEFORE US ????????? every single day I just laff :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"