ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Office transfer
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
How does this work I’ve got 2 offices in my residents I live 30 mins from the one I work at and another 5 mins away from my house that I don’t !! Would make it so much easier to pick kids up and all that stuff with a transfer.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Office transfer
Are there vacancies at the office closer to your house?
Have you looked on success factors?
Have you explained to both managers that you would like a transfer?
Have you looked on success factors?
Have you explained to both managers that you would like a transfer?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
No I’ve not did anything yet I’m asking for advice thanks for yours :)
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
I would nip into the office near you and have a chat with the dom. What have you got to lose?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Office transfer
This would be my advice:
Go and see the DOM of the office close to you. Explain the situation and see if there are vacancies.
If there are you should be able to apply through success factors
Make sure you find out how many hours the contracts are. You might need to drop?
Tell your DOM what you are doing. If you can do the transfer officially then he can't stop it but there is no harm in keeping him onside.
If there are no current vacancies he may have people who want to transfer out, possibly a straight swap.
It all needs to start with a conversation.
If you are able, offer to work your day off in the "new" office.
This might put your new manager's mind at ease that he isn't getting a dud. (Don't bother with this if you are crap at the job)
It will also give you an insight into the office before you commit.
Go and see the DOM of the office close to you. Explain the situation and see if there are vacancies.
If there are you should be able to apply through success factors
Make sure you find out how many hours the contracts are. You might need to drop?
Tell your DOM what you are doing. If you can do the transfer officially then he can't stop it but there is no harm in keeping him onside.
If there are no current vacancies he may have people who want to transfer out, possibly a straight swap.
It all needs to start with a conversation.
If you are able, offer to work your day off in the "new" office.
This might put your new manager's mind at ease that he isn't getting a dud. (Don't bother with this if you are crap at the job)
It will also give you an insight into the office before you commit.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
I work with the 6 day 5 weeks on and 1 week off mate,I’ll wait till after Xmas and have a look to maybe sort it then ! If worse comes to worse I’ll just stay at current office.but just makes no sense as I’ve just bought new house so will be nearest to the office I’m not at for life now! And wouldn’t wanna drop my hours either Thanks for the advice.
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Office transfer
before 11 oclock that is nemoCPTNemoUK wrote:I would nip into the office near you and have a chat with the dom. What have you got to lose?
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
Smith1212
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
???maisymoo04 wrote:before 11 oclock that is nemoCPTNemoUK wrote:I would nip into the office near you and have a chat with the dom. What have you got to lose?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Office transfer
Smith1212 wrote:???maisymoo04 wrote:before 11 oclock that is nemoCPTNemoUK wrote:I would nip into the office near you and have a chat with the dom. What have you got to lose?
isn't that what time dims go home as soon as we have all gone out
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
They work very late at your place then,probably finishing off the biscuits,or a late coffee is it?maisymoo04 wrote:before 11 oclock that is nemoCPTNemoUK wrote:I would nip into the office near you and have a chat with the dom. What have you got to lose?
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Office transfer
Go speak to the DOM at the new office to find out what your contract would be at the new office. Your contract would change to whatever the system is in the new office. You might gain or lose hours.
If a vacancy appears on success factors for the new office, apply for it and HR will set it up for you. Once its done through SuccessFactor its out of the DOM's hands.
I left my fate in my DOM's hand for 5 months and nothing happened. Applied on SuccessFactors and HR sorted it within a week. Guy in my office heard my current DOM speak to the new DOM and my DOM says he doesnt know why i'm moving
Atleast he was honest and said I was a grafter with no complaints, excellent sick record and he wont have any issues with me.
The moran could have kept me in the office if he had a set of ball 
If a vacancy appears on success factors for the new office, apply for it and HR will set it up for you. Once its done through SuccessFactor its out of the DOM's hands.
I left my fate in my DOM's hand for 5 months and nothing happened. Applied on SuccessFactors and HR sorted it within a week. Guy in my office heard my current DOM speak to the new DOM and my DOM says he doesnt know why i'm moving
-
PostmanJay
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
Hi,
Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know if you have to have worked at Royal Mail for longer than the 6 month trial period before you can log into Success Factors?
I have tried logging in using my pay number and national insurance number but it doesn't work.
Thanks
Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know if you have to have worked at Royal Mail for longer than the 6 month trial period before you can log into Success Factors?
I have tried logging in using my pay number and national insurance number but it doesn't work.
Thanks
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Office transfer
you might need a royal mail email address jay it happened to me but I had logged in before and forgot my new password our you sure you havnt logged in before ? 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
PostmanJay
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 19:02
- Gender: Male
Office transfer
I did work at Royal Mail previously so I probably have logged in before. I have been given my old pay number since returning.
I might have to give HR a ring and see if they can sort it.
I might have to give HR a ring and see if they can sort it.