ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anyone into fitness ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Archimedes1989
Posts: 8
Joined: 15 Jan 2017, 09:45
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by Archimedes1989 »

In their spare time ?

Boxing, running, football, weightlifting, cycling etc

Or because you all walk so far during the day are you too tired / no motivation to do anything physical ?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Nah, sack that. We walk how many miles per day?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by rambo1 »

Archimedes1989 wrote:In their spare time ?

Boxing, running, football, weightlifting, cycling etc

Or because you all walk so far during the day are you too tired / no motivation to do anything physical ?
Was the former til about 3 yrs ago, now the latter. Especially coming up to this time of year, come to work in dark, go home in dark. Not good for motivating body to do extra physical work! Force myself sometimes but you gotta do it almost as soon as you get home. Sitting down is fatal. Lol
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Me personally not a chance. But there is a fair few runners in my office (marathons) not the ones we hate :left:. Two guys just done 100miles in a weekend for a charity. They are not the fittest of guy but they did it and came in on the Monday. They both could hardly walk :left:
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by hothothot »

When I used to finish I used to go to the gym for a couple of hours ,then run a couple of marathons.
Tinoblade
Posts: 252
Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by Tinoblade »

I don’t do anything mad like marathons but I like to go for a swim a couple of times a week. Bit easier on the joints after pounding the pavements all day
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6696
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by RobertT »

I used to be a mad keen runner, I only did a couple of full marathons(London), but loads of half marathons & 10k's, etc. And at one time could do my walk, go home and put my feet up for a hour or two and then run 10-15 miles in the afternoon(not every day).

Nowadays I still do a bit, but age and 30+ years of being a postie has put paid to long distances and fast times. But I still enjoy it.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by greengiant »

I'm into long distance cycling events (Audax) hoping to do my first 200km (120 mile) event next year.

I also find Yoga very helpful to combat aches and pains brought on by the job.
crimson king
Posts: 783
Joined: 20 Aug 2017, 16:37
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by crimson king »

I try to still lift weights a few times a week, but my kickboxing has fallen to the wayside ...more out of not wanting to get a dead leg, clash of knees or anything during sparring and having to limp round my walk the next day.

Have to be content with the occasional session on the heavy bag, imagining it's the DOM :thumbup
Sooner or later, a beat dog bites.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by Brandy »

Schhh dont tell RM too much they will want you to do even more work :shhhhh
steve1812
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 18:25
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by steve1812 »

powerlifting three times a week when I have time and got some energy back.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by Celgar »

In terms of exercise I think it was better when we had the bikes. We still do a lot of walking so I count that as my exercise. If you don't eat excessive amounts or drink a lot of alcohol you don't need to worry about exercising to lose weight.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by Sir Henry »

Every morning

Up 1-2 Down 1-2

Then the other sock.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by Justanotherstar »

workout 5 days a week, sometimes 6...gotta stay swole!
rodtheplod
Posts: 20
Joined: 04 Apr 2017, 14:33
Gender: Male

Anyone into fitness ?

Post by rodtheplod »

Running, anything from Parkrun/10k/XC up to marathons and Ultra marathons.
Triathlons. Nothing longer than Standard distance now though as of time restraints.
And try and do a charity event every couple of years, Lands End to John O'Groats cycle, 3 Peak Challenge, 90 mile single day run etc.
Days off and Sundays, are they not meant for running stupid distances???