ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trailist

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Trailist

Post by Smith1212 »

How long till I’m declared permanent employee.
My 1st contract was permanent 30th hour
Since then I’ve been made 32/5 hour contract which is good
I know it was a 3 month trial I’ve beem with the firm 4 months 2 weeks now.
If any senior employees could shed any light be very grateful.
WallaceCat
Posts: 70
Joined: 06 Sep 2017, 22:38
Gender: Male

Trailist

Post by WallaceCat »

I'd just take it your permanent , they never tell half the folk in my office, they just automatically put the contract through
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Trailist

Post by Smith1212 »

Would just be nice to know I really enjoy the job with the exception of the bully managers but that’s not enough for me to wanna not stay in the job for many many years :)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Trailist

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I can't remember ANYONE... EVER.... not being taken on in the last decade. :hmmmm Most Delivery Offices are so short staffed they're glad of anyone. Once you're settled in though you really do need to get a copy of your contract, in writing....... and keep hold of it. Especially as you're having your hours messed about with. When you're finally taken on, which I'm sure you will, you'lll need to know for how many hours. Not normally done by your DOM , I believe it comes from Wages, or HR.

There's been a few cases of Posties thinking they were 39 hours.... and working those hours.... only to be told when they come back from Leave that they're only getting paid 20 hours, because that's their contract. :thumbdown Always good to get it clarified early on. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Trailist

Post by Smith1212 »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I can't remember ANYONE... EVER.... not being taken on in the last decade. :hmmmm Most Delivery Offices are so short staffed they're glad of anyone. Once you're settled in though you really do need to get a copy of your contract, in writing....... and keep hold of it. Especially as you're having your hours messed about with. When you're finally taken on, which I'm sure you will, you'lll need to know for how many hours. Not normally done by your DOM , I believe it comes from Wages, or HR.

There's been a few cases of Posties thinking they were 39 hours.... and working those hours.... only to be told when they come back from Leave that they're only getting paid 20 hours, because that's their contract. :thumbdown Always good to get it clarified early on. :cuppa
Hi thanks for the reply,also I’ve had my contract at the start stating 30 hour perm contract.Then got upgraded to 32/5 hours per week and got new contract for that from the main Royal Mail branch.As stated been in job 4 months and 2 weeks now :).
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

Trailist

Post by Smith1212 »

So there is nobody here that knows the full trial period or anything I do as my managers but they just say I’ll get back to you !! Yeah ok never then